Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
I'm kinda surprised no one is asking about water heaters. Maybe this should be in the trailer build thread instead, but I didn't find any info there either. Considering you could have one in your rig, I thought it could apply to both.

We're looking to add a water heater to our overland trailer. There isn't really room to install a 6 gallon tank water heater so it would need to be a tank less water heater. I want to permanently mount it to the side of the trailer.

Anyone have experiences, reviews or opinions of one that will hold up on the trail and not rattle to pieces?

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
I think I am leaning towards amd eccotemp L5 tank less water heater. Anyone have eny experience with one? They've got good reviews.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using OB Talk mobile app

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Just be prepared to waste a lot of water waiting for it to get hot with a tankless version. I have owned both. Completely understand if you don't have room though. You just might want to up your tank capacity to account for what will be lost. I used to try to save it for dishes when waiting for it to warm up.

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

I have a mate with a tankless system. After wasting a lot of water he now dedicates one of two tanks to feed this and he recycles the water out of the heater back into this tank until it is hot enough to use.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk