Water Filter for pumping from any water source???

• HTML tutorial

Silvanus27

Rank IV
Launch Member
Investor

Enthusiast III

Swanton, Franklin County, Vermont, United States
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Micheli
Member #

Hi,

would anyone know where I can purchase an inline water filter for pumping water from any water source?
I’ve got a pumping system already installed in the Jeep.

I wish the Thirsty Nomad was sold here in the States!!
Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: darjo242

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
I have this one by MSR. Supposed to be good up to 1.5million gallons before a filter change is needed.

Attachments

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
In Europe we have numerous of such inline or built-in filters, e.g. Yachticon or WM Aquatec are well-known companies here. Well, that doesn't help you much. Often these filters are offered here not only in the camping area, but in the boat / yacht area. Maybe look there?

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Depending on your actual water source, you have a few options.

I use a short version of the home filter (Housing). Now that you have the housing, you can choose your filter. I normally go for a .5 micron solid carbon. That will take out most things. If your pumping pond scum near a hazardous waste plant, now your looking toward the ceramic filters. The down side here is, the smaller the micron, the more critical it is to prefilter it for debris. I cant seem to find the link where I got my ceramic filter from.

You can also get inline garden hose filters. The cheaper ones are activated charcoal but if you read the descriptions, you can find Catalytic carbon. I think I pay $35 for my inline.
Remember, the better the filtering the lower the flow.

On my trailer I have the short filter with solid carbon that everything goes through. If I know I'm going somewhere where the water is suspect, I will pump it into my tank with my inline filter, run it from tank through house filter. That's good enough for the shower. If I want to drink it, I found a counter top filter that takes the standard house filter. This is equipped with a .01 micron ceramic.
To be honest, I haven't felt the need to use it yet. Most of my trips I have access to city water. On a couple of trips, I pumped lake water through my inline to my tank but didn't feel the need for the 3rd filter.

Edited to add in links. The counter top filter I got was discontinued. The one I posted is similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: KAIONE