Warn winch and bumper for my 19 forester.

• HTML tutorial

Hobie01

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Dorado County, CA, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Hoberman
Member #

after a rallitek spring lift, tires, skid plates, and a hitch.. it was time for a winch.

1643249804788.png

install was straightforward. however i did have to remove and modify the active grill shutter system quite a bit to workaround an engine code. nothing in the install docs or youtubes showed this. basically took the entire shutter off and cut only the spindle and stopper from the rest and mounted it in the bumper well out of the way. im going to clean up the cutting of the bumper quite a bit soon. i cut the fascia with a jigsaw and was rather sloppy. i may try to find a nicer looking fascia and swap to that. would be funny to cut up some jdm bumper for this. went with the warn axon 55-s. initially bought the big badlands apex 12000# but did not look at what would fit the subi warn bumper. oops. oem steel skidplate fits very well with the warn bumper. jgoing to finish the front end off with some hella horns and lights soon. probably replace the trim under the fog lamps and space around the skid plates.

wanted to give a shoutout to the Sacramento 4 wheel parts shop. they quoted me some 900-1100$ for this install. no parts, only labor. took me about an hour to install this and im just blown away. no thanks.

patiently waiting for more snow to let this winch really shine. find me on the local roads towing locals and tourist alike out of the ruts and snow berms. i run laps on snow days.

here's the rest of the build: