Launch Member

Inventor III

Murrieta, CA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Hey all! It’s been a while since I’ve hopped on here! Hope everyone is doing alright and looking forward to meetups and runs again soon!

Attachments

Reactions: ALG

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
BTW. I still have a spot open for the Mojave road trip. I have four other vehicles confirmed. Going to be a good trip.

Reactions: Eric8541

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Is the trip back on for Thanksgiving week?
Yep. we have four or five going. Meeting on the Saturday after. Right now were deciding on a hotel to spend Friday night at. If you want in let me know. I have a group conversation going over on IH8MUD. Sign in over there and shoot me a message so I can add you in.
Scott

Reactions: Eric8541

Eric8541

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EGT
Yep. we have four or five going. Meeting on the Saturday after. Right now were deciding on a hotel to spend Friday night at. If you want in let me know. I have a group conversation going over on IH8MUD. Sign in over there and shoot me a message so I can add you in.
Scott
Thanks for the info. Because of our scheduled time off we wouldn’t be able to meet with your group. We will be out there from Thursday through Saturday. Have a great trip.

Reactions: smritte

Denniston79

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Hesperia, CA, USA
First Name
KEVIN
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Hello Everyone, we had a great meeting last night. We will be doing things slightly different this year. We are now going to have 4 Coffee and Rigs Meet-up at four different locations throughout the year along with our trail runs every 3rd weekend of the month. Here is next year's calendar at a glance. All runs will be on the 3rd Weekend of each month no matter what, yet things are subject to change. Each month there is OB Leader. There are a couple of runs that may not line up with our 3rd weekend of the month format...like TDS which is at the end of Feb.
This is Kevin member #26549 I’m new to overlandind. I live in Hesperia, Ca and would like to know when the next meet is.

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
Kevin a group of us are going camping this weekend to Trona Pinnacles. You are welcome to go. Some people are going on Friday morning, and others are going Friday evening or Saturday morning. Let me know if you want to go, and when you will arrive. Trona Pinnacles is just about 75 miles north, and should take less than two hours to get there. Watch for more info from Domenic on this thread.

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
OK, I don't think Dominic has time to post, so I will. This weekend our Inland Empire OB group is going camping at Trona Pinnacles. All are welcome to go, just post here if you want to go. The coordinates for where we expect to camp (don't know if someone else will get there first) is:
35° 36.9223 N, 117° 22.1865 W
You can enter these into GAIA or Google Maps and get directions.
Camping is all dispersed with no services, so you need to be self contained. Bring lots of water, food, and fire wood.
We will most likely go on a trail ride on Saturday, and, if you cannot camp, maybe you could come up just for the trail ride early Saturday. Just let us know so we can watch out for you.
Bring your masks and we will try to be covid safe.
Some of us are going on Friday morning, others are going Friday evening or Saturday morning. Glen and I, (maybe others) will be staying until Monday.
Any questions?

Cliff

Reactions: Dominic OB0158

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

2021overlandbound.jpg

Hello Everyone, I pray and hope everyone is doing well. 2020 was a year like no other.

2020 we saw people around the world come together to help others facing unnerving odds, as allies and advocates for not only their friends and community members, but for people, they may never meet — providing financial support, amid an economic crisis, donating and helping people who need it most. Although the path forward from 2020 may feel uncertain, one thing has never been more clear: To change the trajectory for the better, we have to come together, work together, and support each other in building a brighter, safer, more just future we can all share. So, we are going to move forward with our monthly meetups for 2020 to grow our community, support our local, state, national parks, and my favorite BLM lands.

This weekend as Cliff mention we will be heading out to Trona Pinnacles, California, USA
Feb 19 thru 21, 2021
35° 36.9223 N, 117° 22.1865 W
The Trona Pinnacles are an unusual geological feature in the California Desert National Conservation Area. The landscape consists of more than 500 tufa spires, some as high as 140 ft, rising from the bed of the Searles Lake basin.

Communication
CB & GMRS: 16
Ham 146.460

Looking forward to hanging out and enjoying the time.

Dominic

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Can't wait!!! Looking forward to getting together again in the great outdoors. I'll see some of you at the Pilot Gas Station @ 9:00 Friday morning & the rest of you at camp...

Reactions: Dominic OB0158

Denniston79

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Hesperia, CA, USA
First Name
KEVIN
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Sorry I was unable to make the trip. I had to work over the weekend. Hopefully next time when I’m better prepared I would be able to join everyone.

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Hello Everyone, here is the information for March 19-20 Meetup.
How many people showed up at this event?

Inland Empire Meet-up for March - Valley of the Moon
March 19 -20, 2021

Camping Friday Night at:

Cibbets Flat Campgroun / 25 campsite first come first served.

32.784072232480135, -116.44960692359524

Fred Canyon Rd, Pine Valley, CA 91962

The campsite is about 30 mins from trailhead due south.

Saturday Morning we are meeting at the trailhead at 9 am...depart by 9:30
Valley of the Moon Trailhead
32.65229512211496, -116.10265008494025
48549 Old Hwy 80, Jacumba Hot Springs, CA 91934

Valley of the Moon Trail is a 7.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Jacumba, California that features beautiful wildflowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until May.

Nestled within California's Jacumba Wilderness, just over a mile north of the U.S./Mexico border, lies a four-wheel-drive trail with some historical treasures waiting to be explored.

Smugglers' Cave, reached by a short hiking trail, is a man-made shelter with ties to early 19th century Native Americans as well as Mexican banditos of the early 1900s. Today, it is a welcoming, shaded resting place for Mexican immigrants braving the trek to the United States.

At the end of the trail is the abandoned Elliot Mine which sits atop Tahe Peak. Tahe Peak provides an astounding vista of the granitic rocky oasis known as Valley of the Moon Wilderness as well as views of the Salton Sea and Mexico.

Communication
CB & GMRS: 16
Ham 146.460

Last edited:
Reactions: Trigger T4R

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Sorry I was unable to make the trip. I had to work over the weekend. Hopefully next time when I’m better prepared I would be able to join everyone.
No Worries hope to meet up in March - Valley of the Moon.