VA/DC/MD : Looking for a place to get rock slider powder coated

• HTML tutorial

elm

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

I am looking for recommendation for a place to get new slider powder coated. I have looked at several companies searching the web and they all came back with quotes within the 500$ range which I find too expensive (may be I am wrong). I would appreciate any recommendations. Of course I am willing to drive to get this done.
Thanks
Eric

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

I don't know of any, but some members mentioned some overland/off-road shops in the DMV area in the thread (linked below). If you are shopping around for powder coat services, one of those shops may have recommendations.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/northern-va-garage-reviews.9010/

Also, you can try looking up fabricators in the area as most of them probably powder coat their finished products. I only know of one that's roughly about 1.5 hrs from the DMV (https://mobtownoffroad.com/). It's where I picked up my sliders although, I didn't get them powder coated. Hope that helps!

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

That sounds pretty expensive to me. If you’re planning on using them as sliders you might want to consider rattle canning them yourself. That’s what I did and it worked out great. The first time you scrape them up on a rock, you’ll be glad that you can easily touch them up. Taking the time to prep them right and spraying them with a decent rattle can makes the job look good and last quite awhile. Mine are due for a touch up from plenty of rock scapes and chips, but it’ll only cost me a few bucks and They’ll look good again. If they were powder coated, they’d look the same and I’d still need to touch them up and my wallet would be way lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

elm

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

DRJ & Lintnercorey,
Thanks for your feedback.
Indeed I find the price quite expensive by comparison with what fabricator ‘ options are charged for (150 to 200).
I will be contacting the various garages mentioned in the thread to get some quotes. Last option will indeed be the cans.
Thanks again for your feedback. I still need to receive those sliders now.
Eric

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk