Rank III

Advocate I

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, USA
First Name
Cindy
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Hey guys. My husband and I are heading out to Utah from NC next month. Planning on hitting Moab. Just looking for any solid advice you may have or any trails we need to make sure not to miss. Thanks guys

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
These are by far the best maps for the region. Moab East & Moab West. Lots of details, and easy to read. What vehicle do you drive? Day trips? Camping? hotels at night? It’s all up to you and these maps will not steer you wrong. Trail and Road access on public lands - Latitude 40° maps The other maps we rely on are published by National Geographic.
BTW, the first time we were in the region for 4 weeks and only scratched the surface. We’ve been back to the region 8 or 9 times in the last 11 years and are still just scratching the surface.. we do wander away from the Moab region exploring places like the staircase, Rafael swell, and just recently, the rim rocker trail. One could spend a lifetime and not take it all in. Just wanted to mention that this time of year the popular trails can be very busy. We avoid those trails.

Last edited: