Trail Mechanic I

Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
First Name
Dimitri
Last Name
Raptis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I used my MAXTRAX board to stabilise my roof top tent ladder and stop it from sinking in the sand.

Have you ever used your recovery boards for other reasons rather than recovery? Please post them here.

Attachments

WYWander

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Wyoming
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Veltkamp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WSDA676
Haven't actually yet, but I intend on using my cheaper boards on the ground at the doors to my squaredrop camper. Upside down.

Reactions: Dimitri_Raptis

Dimitri_Raptis

Rank IX
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic I

Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
First Name
Dimitri
Last Name
Raptis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I've definitely used my traction boards to level my truck. More than I have had to use them for actual recovery. lol
Only had to use them once but was grateful to have them as I was stack in a ditch in the snow and was with my kids without signal. My wife kept asking me till then why did I purchase them?

Attachments

Reactions: genocache

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Expedition Master III

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
If you have one in a bright color, they make for a great tool to grab your attention or act as a reminder, certainly a very expensive sticky note but sometimes having an excuse to use some gear is worth it!
I buy most of my gear in bright orange. My traction boards, life vest, kayak paddles, dry bag, ground tent, etc. all orange.

Reactions: Blu12T and Shock

Shock

Rank II

Contributor I

Cleveland, Ohio, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Shock
Member #

If you have one in a bright color, they make for a great tool to grab your attention or act as a reminder, certainly a very expensive sticky note but sometimes having an excuse to use some gear is worth it!
I buy most of my gear in bright orange. My traction boards, life vest, kayak paddles, dry bag, ground tent, etc. all orange.
Definitely a good move, I try to get bright colors for safety and it’s much harder to lose!

Reactions: Blu12T

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Use of MAXTRAX boards other than recovery

this is definitely going to depend on region...

if you are in the south, alternate uses will naturally be food related. the maxtrax could easily serve as a charcuterie board or a cutting board with the little cletes keeping the slippery fish or steak from sliding as you cut it. redneck hacks for this are virtually limitless...

if you are on the west coast, alternate uses will include saving the environment. the maxtrax can be used longways as a shovel to help plant trees or used sideways to help rake up litter and used hypodermic needles on the beach. it can also be used as a ramp to roll beached whales back into the water. being used on the west coast, the maxtrax board will be able to identify as any tool it wishes to be, thus giving it infinite powers...

if you are somehow in the midwest, you probably dont even know what a maxtrax is. being mistaken as a marital aid or a giant doorstop, a maxtrax in this region will probably never see the light of day...

the east coast, as usual, is going to be a bit more tricky. florida will actually use these as intended with numerous retirement homes having these mounted on residents hoverounds, making beach and flower bed extractions much easier. moving up the coast to maryland and into new york, these maxtrax can be used longways as a battering ram to smash windows on jewelery stores and department stores and then immediately flipped over and used as a tray to help hold looted goods. and then finally making it all the way up to maine...there is no need for a maxtrax since they already home to the ORIGINAL recovery board...(and if you live in maine and have gotten stuck on the beach...dont tell me youve never done it)

1723552069108.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Speric