Rank I

Contributor II

Mechanicsburg, PA, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Lee
@Jon25

Here is where it is on the purple lizard map. They missed putting site 20 and site 19 has been abandoned. So it is not available to camp anymore.

Also. Site 14 has apparently been over tool by squatters. So it is unavailable now also.
View attachment 241241
Thank you so much! I drove by site 20 and figured it must be the place in the picture. So much to explore in that vicinity.

Reactions: DevilDodge

Digtrail

Rank I

Contributor II

PA
First Name
Tee
Last Name
Keen
A note on site 20. I don't think they missed it. The purple lizard gang works very closely with DCNR and other stake holders with what to put on their maps. There may be places/locations/attractions that they do not mark because of overuse or for other reasons at the request of those various stakeholders. They are to meticulous to miss putting a site on the map

Reactions: MuckSavage

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
A note on site 20. I don't think they missed it. The purple lizard gang works very closely with DCNR and other stake holders with what to put on their maps. There may be places/locations/attractions that they do not mark because of overuse or for other reasons at the request of those various stakeholders. They are to meticulous to miss putting a site on the map
They missed it. They inadvertantly marked 19 instead of 20 I talked to Mike about it. He is adjusting it on the next release.

The area also has shut down site 14. So it will be off the next version too.

I have a found a few mistakes on their maps. They are always thankful when they are pointed out.

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
You are also correct. They do omit certain areas. But site 20 and 19 were an honest mistake.

There are also a few roads that have different names than the signs and differ from GPS ALSO. I spend a lot of time with the maps.

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
The seasonal roads have opened. Anxious to get back down to Tuscarora as this allows to make some loops, instead of the usual driving out and back down the same road.

Hoping to also scout some hunting spots. Public land hunts are always fun...especially in a new area where someone may believe it has become their private spot...always a challenge.

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
So, I did a search today looking for skuttlebutt about the site changes in PA, and found where I borrowed site information from.

As he has updated with new information. I seen I was called out for a question about sites in the central District of Tuscarora.

I greatly apologize for not having added where I got those sites from...as I did not remember. But, here is a link to this man's forest site scouting trips also.

If any one is a member there and can relay to him my oversight, it would be a greatly appreciated. I do not own a Toyota or I would join to give the apology.

I also ran into the same problem he did when I went to scout those sites. The road was closed and I did not feel like driving out around to come back.

I have stayed at site 20, the site he omits, 3 times now. It was mistakingly misplaced with site 19 on the lizard map. It is a great site, and a very popular fishing area. I talked directly with Mike from Purple Lizard about it before I reserved. I thought I shared pics...but I do not see them.

We spent Memorial Day weekend there, then another weekend and then 7 days in July. Such an awesome place for camping, fishing, hiking.

For some reason I never finished my report for here.

I guess I realized how much I planned to camp here and omitted it subconsciously.

Good times.

If he is a member here...please DM me...I would love to share info and discuss Fowler's Hollow...It was the place many years ago that turned me onto the motorized sites.

If someone can get in touch with him that is a member there...give him my email... devildodge30@aol.com. We are definitely scouting the same areas and I would sure like to share notes.

Good stuff

Last edited:

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
I did share the memorial day trip....

I need to figure a better way to do this. I tried doing it by forest...but man it gets confusing...I am suffering greatly from being 45...memory sucks.

Silver Rover

Rank V

Member III

Montgomery, Texas, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

I did share the memorial day trip....

I need to figure a better way to do this. I tried doing it by forest...but man it gets confusing...I am suffering greatly from being 45...memory sucks.
Wait until you are 74.....

Silver Rover

Rank V

Member III

Montgomery, Texas, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Wait until you are 74.....
I really prided myself on my memory...I turned 45 in September and it is like someone cut the lines. I sure hope I make it to 74,
Don't worry, even though I don't know you. My mother told me a long time ago. "Only the good die young" we both are going to have long lives. Mothers don't lie.

• Love
Reactions: DevilDodge

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
Forest camping in Tuscarora to get us closer to Carlisle All Trucks Nationals.

I know most like to use jeeps and RTT, But man is the Crew Cab Long Bed so great for family tent camping trips.

And we look so unassuming, like we are just construction guys getting home. No one ever knows what we are doing...I don't like calling attention to ourselves with all the gadgets hanging off the truck.

My friend said it looked like a UFO landed in our site. I never realized how big our tent is. So we put our backpacking tent inside it, with a queen and 2 twin air mattresses and 4 chairs...

We sure do love our state forests in PA IMG_20240803_082101.jpgIMG_20240803_084137.jpgIMG_20240804_113946.jpgIMG_20240804_114011.jpgIMG_20240804_114023.jpgIMG_20240804_114105.jpgIMG_20240804_131619.jpgIMG_20240804_135509.jpgIMG_20240804_145558.jpgIMG_20240803_082210.jpg