Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Blau
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO7SHR
When are you going? I’m planning to be there this summer, still deciding between Alaska and Newfoundland

Reactions: kingwyoming

Redruby

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Blau
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO7SHR
I’m definitely going to Tuk as well as Prudhoe Bay and Churchill this summer, do you exact dates of departure and where to meet in the US or Canada?

kingwyoming

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Manassas, VA, USA
First Name
Luke
Last Name
King
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy Retired
I’m definitely going to Tuk as well as Prudhoe Bay and Churchill this summer, do you exact dates of departure and where to meet in the US or Canada?
We are leaving on August 19 from Virginia. We will be meeting another person in Banff, Canada. That should be around the 23rd. Will know exactly when as it gets closer. Full trip dates are August 19- September 10.

World Traveler III

Nokomis, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fazio
We can't swing it but have a couple recommendations. Take a break in Banff NP if you can, it's a fantastic park. We also should have spent at least two nights at Liard Hot Springs instead of one so it's another great spot to work in a zero day.

kingwyoming

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Manassas, VA, USA
First Name
Luke
Last Name
King
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy Retired
We can't swing it but have a couple recommendations. Take a break in Banff NP if you can, it's a fantastic park. We also should have spent at least two nights at Liard Hot Springs instead of one so it's another great spot to work in a zero day.
Thank you. Will look into that.

Reactions: John and Mandi

Redruby

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Blau
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO7SHR
When are you going to PB? May I tag along if the timing works?
I don’t have a date, I’m leaving approximately on June 7 and heading north from Az, 1st stop will be Churchill after that will head west slowly, driving about 200 miles daily with a lot of sightseeing stops. I’ll post here my whereabouts

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia
When are you going? I’m planning to be there this summer, still deciding between Alaska and Newfoundland
So, Tuktoyaktuk is more or less between Alaska and Newfoundland, so make sense.

We were there last year, and this year plan Vancouver to St John's and back, including Labrador.

bear_den_overland

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Pittsburgh
First Name
Greg
Last Name
StClair
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXQ724
I’m going to plan to make this. My home is in Pittsburgh. Will anyone have a spouse or kid? They are seasoned .

Zombie

Local Expert Virginia, USA
Investor

Advocate III

Richmond, VA USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZTU
Hey everyone, I've been hoping to find some people to travel to Tuk with now that Canada has stopped the coof madness. Did the Trans America trail in 2021 and Baja last year. @kingwyoming let me know if I can help. I'm in Richmond.

Redruby

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Blau
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO7SHR
I’m leaving Utah on 6/8 heading north to Manitoba going to Churchill then will head west to Tuk and Alaska

bear_den_overland

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Pittsburgh
First Name
Greg
Last Name
StClair
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXQ724
If the Virginia guys want to meet up in Davis/Thomas or George Washington areas in the next month or so I’m happy to meet up. I’m in Pittsburgh and that’s my local area, well The Davis and Canaan areas.