Tuff stuff products

• HTML tutorial

Sgt12XU

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sunnyvale, CA
Member #

How’s are you liking the tent so far. Mine is on order same model. Any issues ?
Only issue is condensation inside the tent when it's cold outside (water drips from roof). That's a RTT issue though, not a Tuff Stuff flaw. There are two side vents, but they aren't enough to prevent condensation when you zip up everything. You need to leave a window slightly unzipped in the cold nights.

Make sure you get the optional condensation mat. Otherwise, condensation (water) will soak the bottom of your mattress.

The condensation mat costs extra, and it comes in two pieces. Not a fan. It tears easily and one side will never stay in place when closing the tent. I think the one piece Tepui condensation mat is way better.

S

SubeeBen

Only issue is condensation inside the tent when it's cold outside (water drips from roof). That's a RTT issue though, not a Tuff Stuff flaw. There are two side vents, but they aren't enough to prevent condensation when you zip up everything. You need to leave a window slightly unzipped in the cold nights.

Make sure you get the optional condensation mat. Otherwise, condensation (water) will soak the bottom of your mattress.

The condensation mat costs extra, and it comes in two pieces. Not a fan. It tears easily and one side will never stay in place when closing the tent. I think the one piece Tepui condensation mat is way better.
Thanks for the input much appreciated. By any chance have you contacted them about this issue ? & overall is it just fancy tent camping or is it honestly comfortable . Only reason I’m asking is I’m building an off-road teardrop trailer for me & the wife & wanted a RTT on the Jeep for when we are going somewhere we can’t take the trailer.