Raven6

Rank 0

Contributor I

Clackamas County, Oregon, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Powell
Well, I am the proud owner of a 1984 ( I hope isuzu Trooper1.9 engine )- and two other Isuzu diesel engines. And sitting next to the engines is the 1949 willys CJ3A that is
intended to be placed in the engine bay. Why is this? I have a small patch of hilly red clay, and trees. A fire consumed my shop and tractors etc. etc. Nudging up against 80 years
and all I was given this willys, as the insurance co. was less than etc. So, I am in need of ( counciling probably ) but having owned an I mark ( I know not trooper ) the engines are amazing.
Was gifted three, one from a chevette one from a trooper, and one UNK - The trooper looks like the best choice out side. SO, there it is, engine ID, and all, and everything else is needed -
Bought a mini fridge for the necessary tools, and have some years experience in rational issues. This is not one, but who cares.
Being an old retired military officer, I was most fond of hunting, outdoor everything, and one last time, going to have fun, banged knuckles, but if at all possible it is going in. That is all.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Well, I am the proud owner of a 1984 ( I hope isuzu Trooper1.9 engine )- and two other Isuzu diesel engines. And sitting next to the engines is the 1949 willys CJ3A that is
intended to be placed in the engine bay. Why is this? I have a small patch of hilly red clay, and trees. A fire consumed my shop and tractors etc. etc. Nudging up against 80 years
and all I was given this willys, as the insurance co. was less than etc. So, I am in need of ( counciling probably ) but having owned an I mark ( I know not trooper ) the engines are amazing.
Was gifted three, one from a chevette one from a trooper, and one UNK - The trooper looks like the best choice out side. SO, there it is, engine ID, and all, and everything else is needed -
Bought a mini fridge for the necessary tools, and have some years experience in rational issues. This is not one, but who cares.
Being an old retired military officer, I was most fond of hunting, outdoor everything, and one last time, going to have fun, banged knuckles, but if at all possible it is going in. That is all.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. NorthWest (AK WA ID OR)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Raven6

Rank 0

Contributor I

Clackamas County, Oregon, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Powell
Thank you, and I will try not to abuse the generous offer. First, the ability to insure valid identity of the 84 ? 1.9, other than yellow note of type. The need for a good
knowledge is first. example: two have, 6 bolt flywheels, and one has 8 bolt flywheel. Mechanical support, is needed, and I might be creating a problem here. I saw the gear,
and the thoughts of overland, and well here I'm. If one knows a site, where the mechanical team lives, one of the 6 bolt flywheel engines which looks ok, has been sitting obviously
and the timing belt is splitting - the timing belt replacement specs are specific on engines - someting about a cam lock tool etc. Etc. Etc.

i have some friends who have equipment to modify the flywheel, to accept the Willys clutch assembly, and bellhousing to make the swap possible - noting a bunch of other measurements,
so there is my conundrum. I have replaced some of my lost gear and a nocturnal trip to the woods and living like I did as a kid is about the bottom of my bucket list. With grace. LT

ps: a
willys engine build approaches 3500.00 - the isuzus were free. All came from one yard, all from wreaks other than the UNK, which from "one wet finger into the wind" came from a
loader/excavator as it has no assessory items on it - the bolt holes are filled, so it never had any items external. The first issue specifically is I need a starter, and I bet the two differing
bolt patters on the flywheels 6 verse 8, and "Partsgeek" noting a 9 tooth starter, means something.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us. From an old retired U.S. Army Staff Sergeant.