Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Chapel Hill NC
First Name
Tanner
Last Name
Hedrick
Member #

Hello from Chapel Hill, NC-- new to OB, and looking forward to exploring more of NC and the southeast!

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Welcome to OB and the forum. I'm also down in Spring Lake (out in the county though, not the town).
If you haven't already I'm sure you'll hear about Old Hwy 105, gravel forest service road that runs between Lake James State Park and Linville Falls. Beautiful area with great views and a bunch of disbursed camping spots along the road. There are also some other forest service roads and trails out that way, just have to look for them. Uwharrie National Forest is also a big off road area for folks. Their "off-road" trails open on April 1st and there is disbursed camping out that way too; in addition to two developed campgrounds within the forest.

There is a monthly meet-up in Mt Airy on the first Saturday of each month if you are interested in meeting other OB members.

IMG_E0223.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: DWL

HeelsFan72

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Chapel Hill NC
First Name
Tanner
Last Name
Hedrick
Member #

Welcome to OB and the forum. I'm also down in Spring Lake (out in the county though, not the town).
If you haven't already I'm sure you'll hear about Old Hwy 105, gravel forest service road that runs between Lake James State Park and Linville Falls. Beautiful area with great views and a bunch of disbursed camping spots along the road. There are also some other forest service roads and trails out that way, just have to look for them. Uwharrie National Forest is also a big off road area for folks. Their "off-road" trails open on April 1st and there is disbursed camping out that way too; in addition to two developed campgrounds within the forest.

There is a monthly meet-up in Mt Airy on the first Saturday of each month if you are interested in meeting other OB members.

View attachment 141735
Thanks everyone, glad to be here! Relic, didn't know about the monthly meet-up, that would be cool to make it up that way. Is it at a shop, or a meet up for some riding?

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Just made plans to drive up on Friday afternoon and plan to camp right in Mt Airy at the Veteran's Memorial Park. That way I can just roll out of the RTT and down to the meet-up.