US West Tri-Valley OB Corral Hollow OHV Trail.

• HTML tutorial

AlexAtWagan

Rank VI
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Fremont, CA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Hsu
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6AVD
So I am clear, a classic propane Coleman stove is not permitted?
Here's what I could dig up:

These fire restrictions are the same for all hazard zones, which is not usual. This forest order is part of a regional strategy for all national forests. Please familiarize yourself with what these restrictions mean, including:

• Any equipment like propane stoves or lamps, with an on/off switch, are permissible at all campsites
  • Campfires are allowed in designated campgrounds ONLY
  • Campfires are NOT allowed in any dispersed campsites. Only propane equipment with an on/off switch

Last edited:

AzzyRnr

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Livermore, California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Azevedo
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HKF
Propane when stored is a liquid, when it comes out of the bottle it expands into a vapor/gas.

Propane is stored as a liquid fuel in pressurized tanks because it takes up much less space in that form.“

Reactions: emonomics

06tacodude

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Morgan Hill, California, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Alarcon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GLP
Oh I'm really eager to make it to camp this time. Last year (first week of July) it was still snowed in on both sides of the trail just before the camp spot. We ended up setting camp 1 mile from the Bear Hunters Cabin. It will be me and the two kiddos.

Last edited:

RubiRigo

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Mountain View, CA, USA
First Name
Rodrigo
Last Name
S
Member #

Right now it looks like I won't be able to leave the Bay area until the afternoon on Friday. Target is to get to camp before sundown. I will probably stay until Sunday.

We will be staying till Sunday as well. Let me know if you would like to head up together on Friday. We are planning on leaving Mountain View by 5pm Friday.

Reactions: 06tacodude

Budman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasanton, CA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
ONeil
Member #

Propane when stored is a liquid, when it comes out of the bottle it expands into a vapor/gas.

Propane is stored as a liquid fuel in pressurized tanks because it takes up much less space in that form.“
Propane stoves are allowed, you still need the Cal Fire permit to use any gas stoves or lamps. The ban is for fire out side developed campsites, we will not be in a developed or supported camp

Budman

Budman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasanton, CA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
ONeil
Member #

Emonomics,

Propane stoves are permitted, you will need a CAL Fire permit for any gas stove or gas lantern's. No campfires outside developed campsites. We are not in a developed site so no wood fires.

Budman

Reactions: AzzyRnr

06tacodude

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Alarcon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GLP
@Budman will you be starting the trailhead on the Bear Valley side or on the Cabbage Patch side?
I'm assuming the Cabbage Patch side, which takes us past the Bear Hunters Cabin since you mentioned 13mi point to point.

06tacodude

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Alarcon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GLP
We will be staying till Sunday as well. Let me know if you would like to head up together on Friday. We are planning on leaving Mountain View by 5pm Friday.
@RubiRigo I might be slightly ahead of you as I plan to depart by 2PM latest from San Jose; but I'm also trying to be in Livermore area by lunchtime if possible and catch my last afternoon meetings from there. However, let's coordinate and exhange info anyways in case we end up syncing up and we can head up the trail together. I have the two kids with me so leaving as early as I can is always best.

@makboz What's your departure time looking like?

Reactions: Budman and RubiRigo

KingsRiverKid

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Visalia, California
First Name
Arlee
Last Name
Altamirano
Member #

So after watching some you tube I'm having second thoughts. I'm in a GX470 with 2inch lift on 33's. Sliders are on order so not on yet and I'm new to off road driving. Is it as tough as some of those vids look? Thoughts?

sakiwest

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6M
So after watching some you tube I'm having second thoughts. I'm in a GX470 with 2inch lift on 33's. Sliders are on order so not on yet and I'm new to off road driving. Is it as tough as some of those vids look? Thoughts?
You’ll be great. I’ve run this several times in an almost stock 4Runnner. It’s a great route to get yourself comfortable with your rig. Plus running it with a group allows you to get pointers on the technical parts. Do it! (I would if I didn’t already have plans)

jginca

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Salinas CA
First Name
John
Last Name
Gilbert
Member #

Kingsriverkid,

I concur with Sakiwest. I ran it with a stock 2008 landcrusier with factory tires and pulling my chaser trailer. No problem.

Reactions: Budman and sakiwest

jginca

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Salinas CA
First Name
John
Last Name
Gilbert
Member #

Larry,

I am in. I will meet up with the team Thursday in Arnold. I will be waiting for you guy/gals by the Chevron. I assume most everyone will want to top-off fuel in Arnold.
John

Budman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasanton, CA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
ONeil
Member #

Team,

Confirming the Tri-Valley Corral Hallow OB members and meet up locations.

Please update the Rally point if your schedule / RSVP has changed.

Meeting in Pleasanton / Noon
Budman
Firewale
AzzyRnr
Makboz
KingsRiverKid
Emonomics
Arturo Solorzano
Thomas B

Meeting in Chevron Arnold, CA / ETA arrival 2:30 ish
jginca

Arrival on Friday