Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Calhoun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7FKK
Do the Treasure Valley Folks want to try and meet up at lunch or at happy hour or after happy hour Friday or Saturday? I would like to get to know you all.

Reactions: M Rose

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Do the Treasure Valley Folks want to try and meet up at lunch or at happy hour or after happy hour Friday or Saturday? I would like to get to know you all.
I am going to be out of town thursday to sunday. Going back to the tripod/sagehen area. I can poaaibly do the following weekend if that would work? Maybe make this a monthly gathering we can do. I have seen many other areas doing this.

Reactions: M Rose

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
My weekends are booked up prior to the event, unfortunately.

Got a dump run, then a BBQ on Saturday. Sunday, dad and I are measuring for a large kitchen project.

Next weekend I have more yard work and another BBQ.

Fridays after work I'm tired and want to go home.

Reactions: Advtres

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I plan in it for sure, I'll be next door at the RV park, the HQ19 is too big for the expo center camping. but ill be at expo all weekend.

Reactions: shansonpac

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
@reaver @ScottE @Phase2Adventure @afootorafloatLJ

I know most of you are in Boise area. Reaver and I are in Caldwell and Middleton. Would the Flying J truck stop on Exit 29 work for everyone? It has a large parking lot that would be good for all of us to meet up, get lickey chewies for the road if needed and have a quick potty break.

Reactions: reaver

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941

I know most of you are in Boise area. Reaver and I are in Caldwell and Middleton. Would the Flying J truck stop on Exit 29 work for everyone? It has a large parking lot that would be good for all of us to meet up, get lickey chewies for the road if needed and have a quick potty break.
Yup. Definitely a good meeting spot. What time are we all thinking we want to roll out? I'd prefer it's not TOO early, but I also want to get there in the afternoon sometime.

Reactions: afootorafloatLJ

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force

Yup. Definitely a good meeting spot. What time are we all thinking we want to roll out? I'd prefer it's not TOO early, but I also want to get there in the afternoon sometime.
We are looking at a little over 5 hours of drive time soaybe meet up around 9am, be on the road 945 at the latest?

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
We are looking at a little over 5 hours of drive time soaybe meet up around 9am, be on the road 945 at the latest?
I'd say add at least 60-90 minutes for stops and potty breaks, but that sounds reasonable to the boss and I.

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
I’m leaving Boise/Eagle area Thursday some time. Not sure when yet. Anyone going to be rolling with a Ham radio, we could potentially lock in on a specific frequency if interested.
Gmrs here as well. I can monitor ham with my handheld, but can't legally transmit.
I figure we can all meetup at the Flying J Travel Center at the intersection of I-84 and US Hwy 26. If we leave by 10:00 AM, we should be in Redmond between 3-4 their time. Nice easy drive, with lunch break and fill up at Eddies Fastbreak Grille/Store/Gas in Burns Or.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I figure we can all meetup at the Flying J Travel Center at the intersection of I-84 and US Hwy 26. If we leave by 10:00 AM, we should be in Redmond between 3-4 their time. Nice easy drive, with lunch break and fill up at Eddies Fastbreak Grille/Store/Gas in Burns Or.
Oh yeah, that greasy spoon place with ridiculously good food!? Count me in!

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
I’m leaving Boise/Eagle area Thursday some time. Not sure when yet. Anyone going to be rolling with a Ham radio, we could potentially lock in on a specific frequency if interested.
Join us at the Caldwell Flying J at I-84 and US 26 around 9:30. We'll leave at 10...

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
I am in Middleton myself. I think when we get a group it will make it a bit easier to find us a starting spot so we arent back tracking. Ontario or caldwell may be good meeting points if we look at a place just off 84.
Join us at the Caldwell Flying J at I-84 and US 26 around 9:30. We'll leave at 10...

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I am in Middleton myself. I think when we get a group it will make it a bit easier to find us a starting spot so we arent back tracking. Ontario or caldwell may be good meeting points if we look at a place just off 84.
We have a rally point with a few people from the trwasue valley for everyone going to Expo. If you want to rsvp to the rally point (first post in this thread) so we can know who all will be going along it would help.

Thats the flying J I referenced earlier. If 930 works better im good with that.