Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Trent
Last Name
W
Member #

May just do that! Taking scenic route through OR and NV down to Reno and over to Roseville.
Thanks!
Scenic Route is the best way to go! Can't lose either way, OR coastal routes and mountains, or Prairie on down to NV. A cool but now well visited place is the Willow Creek Hot Springs. Might be out of the way but following the 95 keeps you out of the insanity of californiastan as long as possible.

Once you hit Verdi NV, Henness Pass is an easy run, lots of '49er history along they way, even some native American rock art. Might still be some snow at the moment. When ya figuring on going? Bring your gold pan.

Reactions: M Rose

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Scenic Route is the best way to go! Can't lose either way, OR coastal routes and mountains, or Prairie on down to NV. A cool but now well visited place is the Willow Creek Hot Springs. Might be out of the way but following the 95 keeps you out of the insanity of californiastan as long as possible.

Once you hit Verdi NV, Henness Pass is an easy run, lots of '49er history along they way, even some native American rock art. Might still be some snow at the moment. When ya figuring on going? Bring your gold pan.
Been to Willow Creek Hot Spring many times; one of the nicer ones IMO! Used to spend a lot of time on the White Horse Ranch just East of there on the aptly named Whitehorse Road. I figured it must be well visited these days... Used to be a nice quiet stop and rarely saw others there (hot spring). That is good to know because I am planning on doing the Steens loop and having lunch in Fields and was considering a stop at Willow Springs on our trip down. Want to show my wife all of the "old haunts". The plan is to take the 95 down; not sure if we will head offroad through the Black Rock desert towards Reno or on in to Winnemucca on the 95 to enjoy a fine Basque meal at the Martin Hotel... Not sure how much time we will spend on the way down; lots of plans for the trip including a week in the Sierra Nevadas (Kings Cyn area) and a week camping near Trinity. And a late planned wedding...

Always carry the gold pan ;)

Got an 813 Fabrication locking bin installed under the back seat yesterday. I think a 10/22 in a soft case may just take up residence there - need to order some 10 round mags because California... Either hauling a cannon of a revolver or, if @bgenlvtex has his way, a 1911 along. Hahaha

IMG_5688.jpeg

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I think a 10/22 in a soft case may just take up residence there
nice. there are also folding stocks for even easier storage. this is what i used to carry in the boat until i hit a rogue wave and it got lost overboard...

IMG_0567.JPG

if youre taking it into california, you might want to go with the banana clip, though....

IMG_0569.JPG

Last edited:

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
nice. there are also folding stocks for even easier storage. this is what i used to carry in the boat until i hit a rogue wave and it got lost overboard...

View attachment 192930

if youre taking it into california, you might want to go with the banana clip, though....

View attachment 192931
Well that full banana looks a little dangerous to me; I’m going with the CA legal version :)

880C8277-ACE3-42F5-B722-1AEFCF684556.jpeg

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
For Kali it is going to have to be no banana and no folding stock.

Either one of those could be mistaken for something fun, and that is strictly verboten.

• Haha
Reactions: Ubiety