RoyB

Rank IV

Contributor II

Boston
First Name
Roy
Last Name
Bertalotto
BTW...Did we hijack this thread? I hope the OP doesn't mind.....

I use nothing but OPTIMATE battery chargers for near everything with a battery.

My 2007 Suzuki motorcycle has the original battery! Still fine. I just sold a 2001 Moto Guzzi that had't been run since 2002. Been on an Optimate all these years. Battery was still good! Started right up with a bit of fuel (bike was stored properly, engine fogged, all fuel drained, etc) My battery backup sump pump has a ten year old AGM that I test frequently, still going good. I have a 12V sealed (not even sure if it is AGM) out in the shop that I use to test various 12V devices....are you ready, that battery is nearing 15 years old! Still charges and discharges perfectly. I could go on and on. OPTIMATE battery chargers are not only smart, they are brilliant!

Pierre C

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Québec, Canada
First Name
Pierre
Last Name
Cote
Member #

Service Branch
Canadian Army
BTW...Did we hijack this thread? I hope the OP doesn't mind.....

I use nothing but OPTIMATE battery chargers for near everything with a battery.

My 2007 Suzuki motorcycle has the original battery! Still fine. I just sold a 2001 Moto Guzzi that had't been run since 2002. Been on an Optimate all these years. Battery was still good! Started right up with a bit of fuel (bike was stored properly, engine fogged, all fuel drained, etc) My battery backup sump pump has a ten year old AGM that I test frequently, still going good. I have a 12V sealed (not even sure if it is AGM) out in the shop that I use to test various 12V devices....are you ready, that battery is nearing 15 years old! Still charges and discharges perfectly. I could go on and on. OPTIMATE battery chargers are not only smart, they are brilliant!
Nop, I don’t care! It’s all interesting readings

Reactions: SquishBang