Franklin, Connecticut
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Novosad
Member #

Service Branch
EMS
Unfortunately, we can't make this. We will be up in Vermont, my fiance is actually doing an all female intro to overlanding on Saturday, and we're camping there overnight. But, if there's another, and I'm not working, I'm down!
No worries! Im sure ill have more once i get a but more familiar with things

OverlandEasternCT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklin, Connecticut
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Novosad
Member #

Service Branch
EMS
WHERE IS THIS LOCATED? And are there any trails to run whilst there? Shes need to eat, lol. View attachment 277872
State park on the Rhode island line in Connecticut. Trails, im still trying to find myself, and to figure out what my FJ can handle stock locally. There used to be some trails in the forest itself, some fire roads for sure but i know many got closed. The goal is to find some local trails and do a small group run as well

Flamewave

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakdale, CT
First Name
John
Last Name
Matusiak
Member #

All the trails I know of in the Pachaug area are easy. Lee Rd has some rocky mudholes but nothing you couldn't carefully drive a sedan through. Really scenic area though. I'd be down for a meetup out there.

Reactions: OverlandEasternCT

xterramom

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Plympton, MA, USA
First Name
siobhan
Last Name
Green
Member #

Looking to get together to discuss/learn the basics of overlanding, gear, vehicle capabilities, and to find local trails, possibly doing a group trail run to learn more.

Hi . This sounds wonderful bit i will be away most of the month working. Would be glad to hang and chat though…. Im in mass so when i get back il reach out . Perhaps do a meet and greet visit..

Reactions: OverlandEasternCT

Tortoise Overland

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Rehoboth, MA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lathwood
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N3MFL
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Sounds like fun, and it's on the weekend, and only an hour away. I think I can swing this. It'll be fun

R2D2

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rhode Island
Member #

Will someone remind me when the date gets closer?
The trails in Pachaug are for motorcycles. Some of them are excellent.

CoachPops

Rank II

Contributor II

Somerset, MA, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Motta
Member #

I'm gonna try to be there if I can. Thank you for setting this up...I'm not sure if I'm away that weekend...but if not..I'll be there. I've camped there before and usually drive those forest roads...nice scenery. Not hard trails...but good to just drive thru the forest and enjoy.