Oceanside, CA, USA
First Name
Slater
Last Name
Bone
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Bone
Hey guys I’m a little frustrated I prefer to do the work myself but I just can’t even figure out where the sound is coming from first off I have a 2013 Toyota Tacoma Manuel 6 speed when I press the clutch in its start squealing I’ve been on forums everything they try doesn’t work second when I start my truck up cold it’s starts squealing till warmed up I don’t believe to be the belts because The sound doesn’t appear to even be coming from the engine it’s like right under the drivers seat idk I think it may be related to the clutch in some way because the sounds are very similar I’m at lost but I’m on here to figure out where you take your Toyota to get worked where they won’t rip you off and do solid work I’m i live in Oceansideand Temecula California thank you for your time

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

It’s that ever present motor Gremlin screeming in pain from the pressure of pushing the clutch in , your going to need some candy to bribe it out of the bell housing and some sort of trap to keep it from coming back .

Reactions: Offroadnutz

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
It’s that ever present motor Gremlin screeming in pain from the pressure of pushing the clutch in , your going to need some candy to bribe it out of the bell housing and some sort of trap to keep it from coming back .
This should do the trick

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

I was also going to say throwout bearing but maybe make a video clip of the sound to help us out more

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Sounds like the throwout bearing to me... You might want to check the other clutch related bits, check for leaks around the master and slave cylinders, check the fluid level, etc. For what its worth, when the throw out bearing went in my jeep it made some similar screaming banshee sounds from about the same area.

Seanm26

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lynden, WA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Moore
Member #

What you described is a faulty release/throwout bearing. The transmission needs to be removed to change it. While you are in there it is recommended to replace the clutch disc and pressure plate. I always recommend the flywheel be removed and machined or replaced if it has excessive blueing. Since you have the flywheel off, might as well replace the rear crankshaft seal with an OEM unit.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

maybe post it to youtube and link us