Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Florida
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Mike
Member #

I used to love the Prado when I lived in central america. Did everything I ever needed and capable of so much more. I also always loved the Land Cruiser. I'm hoping the blend will go well and if so, in a couple years, I'd consider it definitely. Hand off my rig to my kid and step into one of these.

Chuckem12

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Florida
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Mike
Member #

Not sure what their play is here. It looks too fragile to carry the Land Cruiser name.

They never offered the Prado here in the past because it was the Lexus GX and it would have cannibalized the 4Runner.

Now they drop the flagship Land Cruiser from the North American lineup and give us the Prado as a watered down, 4 cylinder version of the GX550, which has the twin turbo 6 and third row seating.

I can only assume they’re going to kill the 4Runner at this point.
I don't think they would kill the 4Runner in North America; It, and the Tacoma, bring in so much business (repeat business at that!). I could see this eventually replacing the Sequoia if it does well and eventually gets elongated with the redesign. Land Cruiser was never made in mass either.

Reactions: Tundracamper

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Nothing against the Prado, but you guys in America have so many great vehicles and modification possibilities that I really really wonder that you even care about the Prado ;-)

However we will see what we get over here in crazy Europe...

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

Nothing against the Prado, but you guys in America have so many great vehicles and modification possibilities that I really really wonder that you even care about the Prado ;-)

However we will see what we get over here in crazy Europe...
We want what we can't have.

Reactions: MazeVX