Amanda
Last Name
Cassidy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7WYO
Service Branch
Royal Navy - Radar
Sometimes a picture paints a thousands words and helps inspire or inform! Here we can post photos of whats in our trail bag/roll, one day I hope to have mine ready to post. To get the party started here @Michael tool roll and a link to his article and video.

OB_micheals_tool_roll.jpeg

and here is the link to his article

I look forward to being educated and inspired

Best wishes

Amanda

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Sometimes a picture paints a thousands words and helps inspire or inform! Here we can post photos of whats in our trail bag/roll, one day I hope to have mine ready to post. To get the party started here @Michael tool roll and a link to his article and video.

View attachment 239681

Best wishes

Amanda
That's a beautiful tool roll. I'd be proud and you look prepared.
Zim

Amanda C

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Oshawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Cassidy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7WYO
Service Branch
Royal Navy - Radar
That's a beautiful tool roll. I'd be proud and you look prepared.
Zim
Hi Zim, Yeah this is what started my quest for knowledge and understanding of what I should have in my own tool roll and one day I hope it may look like @Michael tool roll ! Its good to have something to aim for. Hope your weekend is going well? Best wishes Amanda

Amanda C

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Oshawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Cassidy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7WYO
Service Branch
Royal Navy - Radar
Hi Rex, Thanks for the post, yeah I saw these on you tube and would be intrested to hear your thoughts and photos once you get it and put your tools in it. It looks very well made and designed with overlanding in mind. Best wishes Amanda

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Hi Rex, Thanks for the post, yeah I saw these on you tube and would be intrested to hear your thoughts and photos once you get it and put your tools in it. It looks very well made and designed with overlanding in mind. Best wishes Amanda
Badassbrunette hung out at a friend’s house recently and used hers to great effect. My arrives Wednesday.

HKLover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ohio/Tenn
First Name
John
Last Name
Shanower
Member #

Step 22 makes good stuff. I have several of their large and small Stingray Flat Packs, a Hedgehog Toiletry Roll and several of their Tortoise and Tenkile Tech Pouches. All are standing up well to abuse.

Reactions: Amanda C

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I carry pretty much all my hand tools in a bucket boss tool roll. This includes my electrical tools, but I lay break those into their own small tool bag. I've not decided yet. For now, they work in the main tool roll.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I don't use tool rolls, but something that travelers with vehicles did already decades ago. So I have been using bags made from old used tire tubes for my tools for years. Inexpensive, easy to make yourself, rattle-free, dust and splash-proof to a certain degree. More here in DIY toolbags.

Uberland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Springfield, VA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Just posted a video of my Blue Ridge Overland Gear tool bag yesterday…tried to specialize it for my Ram 2500.

What Tools Do You Need for Your Ram 2500 Power Wagon? (Blue Ridge Overland Gear Tool Bag Review)

Attachments

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT

View attachment 239681

Best wishes

Amanda
his video and this site really helped me put mine together. I have an ATC roll like this one and it's holding up ok. I have a lot in there too but I figure if I don't know how to use it, hopefully someone who comes along will.

mamalone200

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eastern Shore of Maryland
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Malone
Member #

I've been super happy with my Blue Ridge Overland Gear tool bag, it absolutely swallows tools. It carries pretty much all of my tools besides big things like a brake hammer and torque wrench.

I drive a 2000 Chevy, so there is a mix-match of metric and imperial size bolts everywhere, so I really need to carry a full set because I don't have time to measure every single bolt on the truck. I've always had what I've needed, and on multiple occasions I have been able to save someone with a more minimalist setup.

1662753866697.png1662753872580.png

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
i started buying the rhino usa items a few years ago and really like their quality. i recently bought their tool roll and really like it. it is very well made and has a lot of heavy stitching and good material. i like that the pouches are labeled and removeable...that way when i am up under the vehicle and ask the wife to get me a 5/8" wrench, i can just tell her to bring me the pouch with "wrenches" on it instead of her bringing me every tool except the 5/8" wrench...

IMG_2456.JPGIMG_2457.JPGIMG_2459.JPG

Amanda C

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Oshawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Cassidy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7WYO
Service Branch
Royal Navy - Radar
I've been super happy with my Blue Ridge Overland Gear tool bag, it absolutely swallows tools. It carries pretty much all of my tools besides big things like a brake hammer and torque wrench.

I drive a 2000 Chevy, so there is a mix-match of metric and imperial size bolts everywhere, so I really need to carry a full set because I don't have time to measure every single bolt on the truck. I've always had what I've needed, and on multiple occasions I have been able to save someone with a more minimalist setup.

View attachment 240252View attachment 240253
Hi Matthew, Thanks for sharing, I am happy to hear you like the Blue Ridge Overland Gear, I am also going to Overland Expo East 2022 in October and was thinking of visting them at their factory and having a tour, If this happens I will post some photos, for many years since I discovered them via you tube, I thought it would be nice to own some of their products to support Made in the USA. Best wishes Amanda

Amanda C

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Oshawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Cassidy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7WYO
Service Branch
Royal Navy - Radar
i started buying the rhino usa items a few years ago and really like their quality. i recently bought their tool roll and really like it. it is very well made and has a lot of heavy stitching and good material. i like that the pouches are labeled and removeable...that way when i am up under the vehicle and ask the wife to get me a 5/8" wrench, i can just tell her to bring me the pouch with "wrenches" on it instead of her bringing me every tool except the 5/8" wrench...

View attachment 240358View attachment 240359View attachment 240360

Hi Grub Worm! It feels weird typing your name, how did you arrive at that name? Thanks for sharing, the bag looks really well made, nice touches with names already on the pouches. we would love to see what tools you have inside one day! Tried to see your profile and get an idea of what vehicle you have, but your settings restrict this from happening. Best wishes Amanda

Reactions: grubworm

Amanda C

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Oshawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Cassidy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7WYO
Service Branch
Royal Navy - Radar
his video and this site really helped me put mine together. I have an ATC roll like this one and it's holding up ok. I have a lot in there too but I figure if I don't know how to use it, hopefully someone who comes along will.
Hi Eric, Nice to know, I only hear good things about the gear the make and the people who make it are very passionate about the workmanship. Best wishes Amanda