Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Wife said she wanted a rolling cooler, Yeti style (rotomolded) and durable for our father's day trip to Taos Mountain. I happened to be at Wallyworld and looked at the offerings. They had one of the 45q Ozark rollers in stock at $149. Right size to put behind the jump seat in the JKU, 45q is perfect for a 4-6 day trip for us. This thing really worked well. Ozark is rated by Outdoor Magazine as an ever improving player in this market.

These are stock pics. Didn't take any in the rig which I should have. Super sturdy. Super easy to pull and navigate over terrain. Steel tube handle, big rubber, not plastic tires, removable interior top basket, cup holders on the lid. I prepped it on Thursday, emptied it on Friday morning, filled with cold 12 pack, 4 wine bottles, 2 packs of frozen veggies, and in the basket I had cold steaks, brussels, condiments, etc and a 10lb bag of ice. Took everything out 10 hours later and the ice was maybe 10% melted. I honestly forgot to take the ice out and 5 days later on Tuesday, the ice was about 70% melted. Emptied the water, left the ice, reloaded and came home. Ice was still the same with little melt 11 hours later.

Heavy-duty roto-molded, seamless, one-piece construction with UV-resistant exterior
Premium insulation holds ice for up to 6.5 days
Certified bear-resistant by the Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee
Large, durable, secure T-handle latches
Industrial strength stainless-steel locking plate with built-in bottle opener
Heavy-duty, flat-proof, all terrain wheels
Dimensions 26.6" x 19.45" x 18.5".

ozark open.jpegozark wheeled.jpeg

Reactions: RoarinRow

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Cool! I just picked up the 52qt model (no wheels). Haven't used it yet, but it's gonna be heavy! Not planning on toting it far, if at all. It'll stay in the truck. Couldn't see spending $300+ on a Y model, and wifey told me to buy it. Thanks for the review!

Reactions: USStrongman

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I've got one of the Lifetime rotomolded coolers less than 30 quarts. Been very happy with it for the cost. Could never justify the cost of a YETI or RTIC. I could use that basket though :D Been trying to find something similar to go in my cooler to keep my Bacon and whatnot out of the water.

Reactions: USStrongman