Launch Member

Member III

Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Fehlauer
Member #

There is a small town here in Western Australia that has created an attraction called the 'Tin Horse Highway'.

The town is called Kulin and the Tin Horse Highway goes for approximately 20 km and on both sides of the road are art works made from scrap tin of horse in varying posses.

They have been created by the locals - farmers and community groups - and line each side of the road.

I was in Kulin for the weekend working on another project and took the opportunity to grab a few images of some of the art work.

I hope you enjoy them.

Karl

2022-01-23 General - 035-Edit.jpg

2022-01-23 General - 036-Edit.jpg

2022-01-23 General - 037-Edit.jpg

2022-01-23 General - 038-Edit.jpg

2022-01-23 General - 046-HDR-Edit.jpg

Last edited:

Pragmatic

Rank I

Contributor I

Florida, USA
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
Grimes
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6RPX
Service Branch
US Navy Retired
Karl:
Thanks for posting this. The effort and creativity of folks that build, display, and maintain "folk art" is often under-appreciated by passing drivers. Thanks for taking the time to capture and share these photos, and the story behind this Australian roadside artwork. There's a lot of this type of artwork in the USA too.

Nomad164

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Fehlauer
Member #

Karl:
Thanks for posting this. The effort and creativity of folks that build, display, and maintain "folk art" is often under-appreciated by passing drivers. Thanks for taking the time to capture and share these photos, and the story behind this Australian roadside artwork. There's a lot of this type of artwork in the USA too.
Thanks - I am glad you liked it.

One day I hope you guys get the chance to come here and see it in person - but not during our summer as it is a tad hot :smile:

Karl