Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Why should that be a joke? You're looking for gasoline, highway capability, room and enough offroad capability for overlanding.
Thats way better than spending 15k for some rusted down stoneold Toyota stuff... With 400tkm...

Or was it about the FJ you found?
It's from Belgium and export only, I'm not sure about Belgium markets but we have some residents from Belgium I think @GeoCampers #4771 nows something about this.
Normally export only cars are without warranty and the sellers just want to get rid of it.

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Haha yes it was about the FJ cruiser :sweatsmile: i was blown by the price when you can't have one in France under 30K€ for a 2007

Ok i don't know enough about export only so if sellers just want to get rid of it, i am no buyer. Still investigating in Germany (i had not noticed that the search engine of your website could search in other countries so i now have selected Germany only). Thank you very much @MazeVX

Reactions: MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Haha yes it was about the FJ cruiser :sweatsmile: i was blown by the price when you can't have one in France under 30K€ for a 2007

Ok i don't know enough about export only so if sellers just want to get rid of it, i am no buyer. Still investigating in Germany (i had not noticed that the search engine of your website could search in other countries so i now have selected Germany only). Thank you very much @MazeVX
It's not necessarily bad, sometimes it's just because the government decides to have another crazy tax for engines bigger than 2L displacement for example than you virtually can't sell it for a reasonable price in the country, that's why I said you need someone who knows how the market works in this country.

Reactions: 76_overlander

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Well i think - this is based upon my researches on the internet and talks, not from personal experience - that the Mitsubishi Pajero is a great 4x4. I kinda like its look but i've been told :

1) it is not as versatile as a HDJ : meaning it is not as able on the road, cruising at 90 to 100 km/h, which would be as fast as my YJ
2) it is kinda heavy so it explains 1)
3) customizing it would be more difficult than the HDJ

So i thought ok, no Pajero... But of course i like the interior of the one in this ad, its low mileage and even more the price of course...

Regarding the Jeep KJ, i have no doubt it is a very good rig and trust Robert and you. But... It might sound silly but my wife loves the jeep because it looks badass. She's ok to sell it but she still has an eye on what would replace it and when i showed her the KJ (and also the Land Cruiser KJ) she was like : ok. No. So unless i put a lot of money to pimp the aesthetic (whereas i would prefer to put the money into the build) i think it is better to think of other rigs.
Did you show my Rig?

I think it is badass. Especially when it somewhere this year will be raptorized.

like my former frontera

And believe me, the things I did to it, arent that expensive.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I sold the my jeep. The new owner picks it up this saturday morning. Then i buy a new toy :)
Sad and happy at the same time, but most of the time we can't keep all the toys ;-)
Did you decide what your next rig will be?

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Here we go. I found my new rig. A 2004 metallic grey Toyota KDJ 120, Automatic gearbox, first hand and every single invoice from day 1. For the money it is not the most beautiful one (hail impacts) but i think in the best mechanical condition i could find. And only 165K km whereas all others on the market were 200, 250, 300K km for the same price. The rig is stock except the old radio system replaced by a new android tactile screen with navigation and media + telephone. The tires look like i am driving a Yaris but, step by step, i will change things to get it like i want it. The interior looks like it's brand new and i am in love with all the space there is. It's fantastic. Tomorrow morning the Wrangler will leave my house and then this tuesday i buy the KDJ. Super happy :)