Vancouver, Clark County, Washington, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Love
Member #

Service Branch
Army National Guard
Did a quick overnight jaunt through a trail along the Kilches River and into the Tillamook Forest on our way back from the Oregon Coast.
Finally got an opportunity to set up on this landing with a panoramic view... even though cloudy with rain and snow mix, still a gorgeous view to wake up to.

Attachments

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Love you rig! I looked into getting one of those once upon a time. They're a bit hard to come by in my part of the world though. Love the build as well, very nicely kitted out.

Reactions: LoveTribeOverland

LoveTribeOverland

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Vancouver, Clark County, Washington, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Love
Member #

Service Branch
Army National Guard
Love you rig! I looked into getting one of those once upon a time. They're a bit hard to come by in my part of the world though. Love the build as well, very nicely kitted out.
Thanks... seems like they are everywhere here, but they sell for way too much money, especially an AWD.
I keep thinking... "this is too much for my van" and it just keeps surprising me.
I'm really enjoying the van-life take on overlanding, although I've recently learned that even with the space I have, weight is a critical concern. It's become the thing I love most about overlanding... adapt and overcome. Constantly learning and evolving

Reactions: CR-Venturer

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Thanks... seems like they are everywhere here, but they sell for way too much money, especially an AWD.
I keep thinking... "this is too much for my van" and it just keeps surprising me.
I'm really enjoying the van-life take on overlanding, although I've recently learned that even with the space I have, weight is a critical concern. It's become the thing I love most about overlanding... adapt and overcome. Constantly learning and evolving
I hear that! Weight was a massive factor with my tiny little CR-V and its 120hp 4 banger engine. It's less of a concern with my Dakota's 4.7L v8, but I keep the lessons learned from the CR-V build in mind and opt for lighter weight whenever I can.