Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
yes I ultimately would want just one set of tires if I can find the right ones -

I also been considering the Toyo M-55 LT255/85R16 its a 33" tire and almost 10-1/2" wide I ran these tires on our heavy duty commercial 1-ton full-size survey trucks back in the early 2000's they were great in that application but I fear they may be a little heavy still and also you are right harder tire size to find being kind of an oddball size!

Has anybody had any experience with this tire on a smaller lighter vehicle like a Tacoma?
Those look like a slightly tighter pattern MT than something like a KM3 or other light truck tire.

You may find some of the common MTs in a lighter load range but I've been running Load Range E tires on small to medium SUVs for about 15 years and I don't have any complaints.

Ty Harman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Longview, Cowlitz County, Washington, United States
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Harman
Member #

Those look like a slightly tighter pattern MT than something like a KM3 or other light truck tire.

You may find some of the common MTs in a lighter load range but I've been running Load Range E tires on small to medium SUVs for about 15 years and I don't have any complaints.
Ok thanks appreciate your feedback

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

There is more choices in a 255 I ran the st maxx on a sequoia and was pleased with their performance and the DC xtreme is a surprisingly good tire and quietish for as aggressive as it looks E719E61D-B528-4DC3-8225-8992FB4EEE8A.pngB9046E3A-8769-49DE-9249-D7433C89D6F5.png

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
There is more choices in a 255 I ran the st maxx on a sequoia and was pleased with their performance and the DC xtreme is a surprisingly good tire and quietish for as aggressive as it looks View attachment 158314View attachment 158315
My comment was more about a small shop in Nowhere, USA possibly having a 285 on the shelf vs the 255. Not so much that there aren't as many 255s made.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Toyo M-55 LT255/85R16 its a 33" tire and almost 10-1/2"
I had the BFG KM2s in that size on a TJR. I found hardly any difference from those to my next tire, 33x10.50R15s. The ride might have been a bit harsher but there was no dramatic difference.

If you are in North America and buying brand name tires they are all only a day or two away.

DSC_0004.jpeg

Last edited: