Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFL229
We do the same and are looking to add an integrated mesh network with star-link. Hence I was asking if it would work over a mesh network.
obviously you do whatever floats your boat, but I will never buy or support any product Musk is behind. I also happen to conveniently not care about always being connected either so have no interest in this particular product.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
obviously you do whatever floats your boat, but I will never buy or support any product Musk is behind. I also happen to conveniently not care about always being connected either so have no interest in this particular product.
I’m not buying the system, you are… well if you live in Oregon, Washington, or Idaho you are… the states government is fronting the bill, I’m just takes with helping set up the system for several counties in eastern Oregon. And California has already implemented the system throughout most of North and Central.

Reactions: Downs

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Cell networks are ever expanding. Areas I would have never had cell signal in the Ouachitas even a year ago now have 4G coverage. The systems are actually pretty hardened now days and in many cases have long-running backup systems for if the main grid goes down, be that solar or robust generator systems. I'm also on First Net, but not the uber special First Net, and it's worked quite well for me. Zello is just another tool in the comms toolbox and it uses something 99.9 percent of people already carry around in their pocket with no extra equipment being needed.

Reactions: M Rose

kunstmilch

Rank V

Advocate II

Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFL229
I’m not buying the system, you are… well if you live in Oregon, Washington, or Idaho you are… the states government is fronting the bill, I’m just takes with helping set up the system for several counties in eastern Oregon. And California has already implemented the system throughout most of North and Central.
fair enough, but taxes is taxes but I won't give a cent more than that...enough gets spent on shit I dont like as it is. and yes, I live in California and Oregon lol so you are correct.