The Wanderer- Off Road Trailer Build

• HTML tutorial

Red Beard

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mexia, Texas
Member #

I also picked up a new rotomolded cooler from the marine supply store last time I was at the coast. It is a non branded cooler and the price was unbeatable. The quality on this thing is as good as my Yeti 65 as far as I can tell. It does not have the rope handles like the Yeti on each end but I don't care for those anyway. It does have a nice seal on the lid and a slot on either end for a 2" tie down strap. The latches are an easily obtained universal rubber latch in the event I break one. Loaded 40lbs of ice in it hot straight out of the back of my truck. left it out side under my patio to see how it held up to the Texas heat. At the end of the 8th day I still had some ice floating so I figured that to be good enough. Lasted two days longer than my Yeti 65 setting right next to it. So $170 for 80L of cold storage I'm down with that. I'll try to find out some details on the manufacturer if anyone else is interested in one.IMG_3899.JPG

OldH1

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Saint Simons Island GA
First Name
Roy
Last Name
Mohr
Member #

Service Branch
Former LEO
Any way to tell a brand or how to locate where to buy one outside of TX? That price for that ability to hold the cold is GREAT!

Red Beard

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mexia, Texas
Member #

Got the end fitting machined for my camp light pole. Basically I drilled the rivets out on the acme threaded end fitting that came on the pole and removed it. Then I took a 2" long chunk of 1.5" dia aluminum round stock and turned it down to a press fit in the stainless tubing the pole is made out of. Then center drilled it and tapped it for 3/8"-16 so I can mount a pod light on it. Then when camp is set up I'll have a light positioned 11-12' in the air for area lighting.
IMG_0165.JPG IMG_0166.JPG

Red Beard

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mexia, Texas
Member #

Well I'm out of the US for a few weeks but I did have some time to mess with the cad files on our flight to the Philippines. I have a fair amount of work to do while I am here so Sorry for no more updates than this. Our house here needs some TLC, my Nissan Patrol y60 needs some repairs done.The volcanic soil over here is hell on the body work. Needs some rust repair done, change out the battery, a full service and I need to go pick up a new clutch and pressure plate for it in the morning. We are also working on lease negotiations with one of the cellular providers here on putting up a tower on our land here. Had a meeting with their contact administration today. Y'all take care now ya hear.IMG_4021.PNGIMG_4035.PNG

Last edited: