Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hoping we can make it. It looks like my oldest kid has a soccer game that morning currently but I don’t know if the dates for his games are truly locked in yet.
Well I hope you can make it but I understand if you can't. Family first.

Reactions: TerraRoamer

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I am hoping so. I put your photo up on the Rally Point to encourage you to come. :)
I've always enjoyed that event, get to go have some fun while doing good by cleaning up the dunes. The last few years that trip has been the only time I go out there which is surprising since I drive by the entrance multiple times per day. Are you guys coming over for the day or plan to stay in Smith canyon like years past?

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Reactions: Ceg

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I've always enjoyed that event, get to go have some fun while doing good by cleaning up the dunes. The last few years that trip has been the only time I go out there which is surprising since I drive by the entrance multiple times per day. Are you guys coming over for the day or plan to stay in Smith canyon like years past?
Camping there sucks due to the rude people that run through your camp all night long. That is why I was looking for other places to camp. I will come for the day. I plan to trailer my YJ all ready to go so I don't have to stop for fuel. It is a 2 hour drive there.

Reactions: MrWilsonWJ

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Here is another event we hope some can make this summer in the Blue Mountains: EWOR: Blue Mountains Overland Trip
I've spent a lot of time in that area and have a route saved very similar to yours that I've wanted to run but never had a chance. So when I saw you making this trip the last few years I've always wanted to go just something has always came up. Looking at your route and planned camp places I see you have Bone springs listed, Bone springs isn't really a camp ground anymore. Not sure if it burnt or what years ago but there isn't anything there anymore. You could stay right by it at the warming shed on top the hill but there are two pretty decent camp spots within 5 miles. One is Mottet campground, you'd continue south on Skyline then turn west on 6403 and it's a little ways down. The other is Timothy Springs Campground which I really like and have stayed at a lot over the years. Timothy Springs is about 5 miles from Bone Springs if you continue south on Skyline then turn east on 6415. Both offer fire rings and vault toilets.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Reactions: Ebbs

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
I'm hoping to make one of you guys trips at some point, some far times just haven't lined up. I'll keep this one on my calendar but probably won't be able to make it.
Definitely looking forward to connecting with you on one. Here's the rest of the date's we've got trips mapped out for this year (there will be more short notice trips, but this is what we planned out in Jan)

Apr 26-28th-

May 17-19th-

Jun 7-9th- Washington BDR

Jul 19-21th- Edge of Glacier NP, Polebridge, to Ten Lakes

Aug 23-26th

Sep 27-29th

Oct 11-14th- Canada Whip Saw or Banff/Ghost River valley/Ruby Falls Alberta

Nov 2-11th- Death Valley Trip

Dec 7-8 (possibly just a snow day trip)

all these will be updated in our main thread (in my sig) 2nd post

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I've spent a lot of time in that area and have a route saved very similar to yours that I've wanted to run but never had a chance. So when I saw you making this trip the last few years I've always wanted to go just something has always came up. Looking at your route and planned camp places I see you have Bone springs listed, Bone springs isn't really a camp ground anymore. Not sure if it burnt or what years ago but there isn't anything there anymore. You could stay right by it at the warming shed on top the hill but there are two pretty decent camp spots within 5 miles. One is Mottet campground, you'd continue south on Skyline then turn west on 6403 and it's a little ways down. The other is Timothy Springs Campground which I really like and have stayed at a lot over the years. Timothy Springs is about 5 miles from Bone Springs if you continue south on Skyline then turn east on 6415. Both offer fire rings and vault toilets.
We actually have stayed at the Bones Spring Warming Shelter the last two trips through there.

The problem with Timothy Springs Campground it is small and has been full that time in the year in the pass. We stay at Bones Springs Warming Shelter because by the time we get that far coming from Selah, we are tired and don't want to take the chance Timothy Springs is full and we have to find something else. We never have been to Mottet Campground. We might have to check it out.

As far as fire rings, we normally just use the propane fires pits we bring. Too many times there are fire bans where we go in the summer.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Camping there sucks due to the rude people that run through your camp all night long. That is why I was looking for other places to camp. I will come for the day. I plan to trailer my YJ all ready to go so I don't have to stop for fuel. It is a 2 hour drive there.
@Ceg, you still planning to come over for the Juniper clean up this weekend?