Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Anyone looking to get out into the Blues there is still a decent amount of snow in the shaded areas and north slopes. A friend rented the Godman Guard Station for the weekend and I ran up to stay Saturday night. Skyline road coming from the north to Godman is open and you can make it about 6-7 miles past before you start hitting drifts that block the road. A lot of the side roads off of Skyline are still blocked with drifts but things are melting pretty fast up there so should be open in a few weeks. Time to plan a run!

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Just saw this. We are headed to the overland rally this coming weekend and then doing the BDR trip with the Coeur d’Alene group the week after and then it’s 4th of July weekend and then Expo NW the weekend after that. I think once all of that is done, there is actually time to do something

Reactions: M Rose

Lothar

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Richland, WA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Bloom
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Has anyone been on Kendall Skyline Road south of the guard-shack yet this year? I’m planning a trip out that way but I know there’s a section that’s impassible due to snow banks until later in the summer

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I haven't been up there since Memorial day weekend but I would think it is clear by now. There was still drifts when I was there but they were melting fast and the weather has been pretty warm. Most years when I've been up it's clear the whole way by 4th of July. Are you planning a day trip on Skyline or running the whole thing and camping up there? I have a few camp locations on the south end near Lake Jubilee I can send you if you want.

If you head up let us know what you find! And if you're looking for company post up a RP, I'm sure people would be interested in tagging along.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I just want to check in with this group. I am still alive but have only it the trail once this year. A short 4x4 trip near may house at the Wenas Wildlife Area on Father's Day for the boys.

I have had some pain below my ribs on the right side since October and it got real bad during the cold season. I don't know what is wrong with me due to the only medical insurance I have is through the VA. I have an appointment in August.

I sold the JKU to my youngest son and the Roof Top Tent to my oldest son for his Subaru. I replaced the JKU with a 2007 GMC Yukon for overlanding. I still have the YJ for the 4x4 trails and snow wheeling.

I quit my food truck business and I focusing on building my farm. So with that and the price of everything including food and gas, cash is tight for us this year. I have one day trip planned this month around the Darland Loop for my youngest son's 17th birthday. If you would like to come along and hang out with us, you can find the info on my website.

Thanks, Clay

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I just want to check in with this group. I am still alive but have only it the trail once this year. A short 4x4 trip near may house at the Wenas Wildlife Area on Father's Day for the boys.

I have had some pain below my ribs on the right side since October and it got real bad during the cold season. I don't know what is wrong with me due to the only medical insurance I have is through the VA. I have an appointment in August.

I sold the JKU to my youngest son and the Roof Top Tent to my oldest son for his Subaru. I replaced the JKU with a 2007 GMC Yukon for overlanding. I still have the YJ for the 4x4 trails and snow wheeling.

I quit my food truck business and I focusing on building my farm. So with that and the price of everything including food and gas, cash is tight for us this year. I have one day trip planned this month around the Darland Loop for my youngest son's 17th birthday. If you would like to come along and hang out with us, you can find the info on my website.

Thanks, Clay
Good to hear from you, I was starting to wonder where you ran off to. Sorry to hear about the health problems, hope you get it all sorted so you can get back out on the trails. Wish I could make the Darland loop run but we're already digging potatoes so between that and other things planned I won't be able to get away. I'll keep an eye on your website to see if there is any upcoming trips I might be able to make this year. On a side note, have you heard from anyone that has run Naches Pass this year? Wondering what trail conditions are like as we'll be up in that area this weekend and might go run it. Also heard you're supposed to be able to see the Aurora borealis as far south as central Oregon thur. night so probably make a midnight run up Ravens Roost to see if we can catch it.

Reactions: Ceg

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Good to hear from you, I was starting to wonder where you ran off to. Sorry to hear about the health problems, hope you get it all sorted so you can get back out on the trails. Wish I could make the Darland loop run but we're already digging potatoes so between that and other things planned I won't be able to get away. I'll keep an eye on your website to see if there is any upcoming trips I might be able to make this year. On a side note, have you heard from anyone that has run Naches Pass this year? Wondering what trail conditions are like as we'll be up in that area this weekend and might go run it. Also heard you're supposed to be able to see the Aurora borealis as far south as central Oregon thur. night so probably make a midnight run up Ravens Roost to see if we can catch it.
Thanks.

I don't know of anyone that has ran Naches Pass this year. I did seen a few photos of people on it this year. Normally the PNW4WDA clears that trail for Trail Jam the first week of July or so.

The Aurora Borealis would be cool to see but I don't know if the mountains would be in the way. I saw the Northern Lights once from Smith Canyon years ago.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Trip up to Little Naches was a success! We got up to Lost Meadows Thursday afternoon and stayed until Sunday. Went up to Ravens Roost around 11:30 Thursday night to try to see the Aurora Borealis but no luck, great view of the stars though. Friday we ran Naches pass trail from the Far west end up to NF 1913 at the East but skipped out on the last eastern section because it was getting hot and we were ready to head for the river. Saturday we ran Milk Creek trail 4W686 up to Moon Rocks after a quick stop there to check things out we went out the trail to NF1701 and back to the highway where we aired up to head back to camp with a pitstop for gas and ice cream at Whistlin' Jacks. No broken parts (that I've found yet) or new body damage so it was a good trip, it was more of a wheelin' trail trip then overland but it was a good time.

Lothar

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Richland, WA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Bloom
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I haven't been up there since Memorial day weekend but I would think it is clear by now. There was still drifts when I was there but they were melting fast and the weather has been pretty warm. Most years when I've been up it's clear the whole way by 4th of July. Are you planning a day trip on Skyline or running the whole thing and camping up there? I have a few camp locations on the south end near Lake Jubilee I can send you if you want.

If you head up let us know what you find! And if you're looking for company post up a RP, I'm sure people would be interested in tagging along.
Thanks for the input. We ended up working that weekend and ended up canceling the trip. In a strange twist of fate, my work trip was canceled for next weekend so hopefully I can at least drive it as a day trip. I’ll report back on conditions

Reactions: MrWilsonWJ

Lothar

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Richland, WA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Bloom
Member #

Service Branch
Army
A little hazy out in White Pass/Bethel Ridge this weekend. We set up camp not far from Clear Lake
Did you run the Bethel ridge trail while up there?
We did it as a there an back instead of driving it end to end. I wanted to explore more of the roads that dump out on HW410 but we had to cut it short. Next time!

Lothar

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Richland, WA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Bloom
Member #

Service Branch
Army
A little hazy out in White Pass/Bethel Ridge this weekend. We set up camp not far from Clear Lake
Did you run the Bethel ridge trail while up there?
We did it as a there an back instead of driving it end to end. I wanted to explore more of the roads that dump out on HW410 but we had to cut it short. Next time!
I’ve driven it before. I’ll probably return with my wife later this fall when the air quality and views are better. It’s not a bad day trip from the TC

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Well it has been a bad year for me as far as offroad and overland for me. For over 19 years I was on the trail nearly every month until this year. The cost of living has slowed me down a lot.

I hope to be back in the game by April 2024. Maybe do a Juniper Dunes day trip for the clean up in April. I have some work to do on the YJ first.

At the end of May (Memorial Day Weekend) we have our Eastern Washington Off Road 20th Anniversary. We are camping on the farm with potlucks, wheeling Oak Creek/Bethel Ridge on Saturday, and wheeling Wenas/Cleman Mountain on Sunday.

July we have a weekday overland trip around the Blue Mountains. Three days and two nights

I most likely will at those to Rally Point. Until then, let me know if you are interested in any of the events.

Clay

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Well it has been a bad year for me as far as offroad and overland for me. For over 19 years I was on the trail nearly every month until this year. The cost of living has slowed me down a lot.

I hope to be back in the game by April 2024. Maybe do a Juniper Dunes day trip for the clean up in April. I have some work to do on the YJ first.

At the end of May (Memorial Day Weekend) we have our Eastern Washington Off Road 20th Anniversary. We are camping on the farm with potlucks, wheeling Oak Creek/Bethel Ridge on Saturday, and wheeling Wenas/Cleman Mountain on Sunday.

July we have a weekday overland trip around the Blue Mountains. Three days and two nights

I most likely will at those to Rally Point. Until then, let me know if you are interested in any of the events.

Clay
I can definitely relate. With starting a new job about 16 months ago and some challenges in my personal life, the great outdoors has been given less priority. I also am trying to
Get back some me time and get out more in 2024.
I hope you have a great holiday and hope to see you out there.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I can definitely relate. With starting a new job about 16 months ago and some challenges in my personal life, the great outdoors has been given less priority. I also am trying to
Get back some me time and get out more in 2024.
I hope you have a great holiday and hope to see you out there.
Thank you. Hope to see you out on the trail. Merry Christmas!

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Clay
Good to hear from you. Wish it was a better update but I think we are all in the same boat.

I will keep these dates in mind. I have been hanging out with the Coeur D’ Alene group and done a few trips with them. They’re a great group and maybe we can tie something together.

Reactions: Ebbs and Ceg

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Good to hear from you. Wish it was a better update but I think we are all in the same boat.

I will keep these dates in mind. I have been hanging out with the Coeur D’ Alene group and done a few trips with them. They’re a great group and maybe we can tie something together.
I wouldn't mind seeing some new stuff and meeting some new people. I just need to come up with more funds.

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
I wouldn't mind seeing some new stuff and meeting some new people. I just need to come up with more funds.
To Garrett's point here's what we've planned out for this coming year, note they're just dates for now so folks can get their leave in, but we'll be filling in locations about a month or two before each trip. the November trip is a long one as we're planning to head to Death Valley.
(Also my brother should be joining soon, he lives in Pasco)

Jan 26-28th (snow camp rally point already up)

Feb 16-19th (some am departures, some early afternoon)

Mar 15-17

Apr 26-28

May 17-19

Jun 7-9

Jul 19-21

Aug 23-26 (early departure)

Sep 27-29

Oct 11-14 (early departure)

Nov 2-11(strict early departure) Death Valley Trip

Dec 7-8 (possibly just a snow day trip)