Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

Beautiful Tacoma!! Great choice and your decisions on your mods are so well thought out and executed!! You also have a great eye for an amazing picture - being in gorgeous places helps too!! Immediately sub'd this thread for ideas and great pics of a Tacoma.....keep at it!! Happy Wheeling!!

Reactions: ChepoCDT

ChepoCDT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mexico City
First Name
Chepo
Last Name
CDT
Member #

Beautiful Tacoma!! Great choice and your decisions on your mods are so well thought out and executed!! You also have a great eye for an amazing picture - being in gorgeous places helps too!! Immediately sub'd this thread for ideas and great pics of a Tacoma.....keep at it!! Happy Wheeling!!
Thank you!!! Every mod I've made has been thought a lot! I'm convinced to do everything right and only once!
About the photos, the places take all the credits, I just aim & shoot :)

Looking good!!
Thanks!!!!

Nice rig man! I like that bike rack!
Thanks! yeah, the bike rack helps a lot, it's easier to get the bike and you have the bed free so you can put whatever you want!

ChepoCDT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mexico City
First Name
Chepo
Last Name
CDT
Member #

Both look great but I am hopping in that Tacoma each and every time!! Great thread and great updates!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

hahahaha thanks!!!! yeah, I still want to have it as a dd... but its fuel economy sucks, the maxima is a v6 but has a better mileage by far! The same trip I do every month I needed a full tank on the taco the maxima used less than half, and it's smaller! hahaha

ChepoCDT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mexico City
First Name
Chepo
Last Name
CDT
Member #

Well, I finally finished all the switches installation as I wanted to:

• All overhead console switches are illuminated as stock interior lights (except locker and compressor that are the ones from ARB). The switches can dim. Already made al the wiring from the console to the engine bay.
  • The switches for flood and spot lights only illuminate when turning them all.
  • Most important thing, I wanted a 3 step switch so:
  • I can turn all the accesories on anytime (without turning the switch to ACC)
  • I can turn all the accesories on only when the truck is on
  • I cannot turn on any of the accesories, avoiding Valet Parkings to play with the switches)
I don't have any pictures at the moment, but will upload them ASAP...

I really wanted that 3 step switch because its nice to turn on only whatever you need in the camp without leaving the truck on, and when you are DDing it you don't have to worry if you left a light on, or someone messing with all the switches...

ChepoCDT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mexico City
First Name
Chepo
Last Name
CDT
Member #

This weekend I went to Veracruz... east coast of Mexico and travelled through one of the most photogenic places I've ever been.
We went railroading! Yup, the route was through an old railroad dated from the 1800's. We crossed one bridge designed and constructed by one of the most famous architects in the world: Gustave Eiffel.

We were a team of 15 vehicles, we camped at a natural reserve and it was lots of fun...

Day1:
Distance: 16.1kms
Time: 8:45hrs

Day2:
Distance: 21.03kms
Time: 5:53hrs

Here are some pictures to show you a little of what we lived this weekend:

Last edited:

ChepoCDT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mexico City
First Name
Chepo
Last Name
CDT
Member #

I am very excited... after several months of not being able to do any other mod to the taco... I'm getting a custome made bed rack...

The idea is pretty simple, do something that you can repair/replicate anywhere... Due to the lack of time I dind't design it, but in a friends shop they where mind blown when I told them what I wanted...

The idea is this:
-I needed a rack that didn't have fixed crossbars, so whenever I wanted to carry something higher than the rack I didn't have to remove it completely.
-I needed somewhere to put the cooler and toolbox that can be easy access.
-I want to mount shovels, ax, TRED's, water tank (in development), etc...
-Place for lights
-Lightweight and not very expensive (aluminum was out of the equation)...

They came out with this (everything in blue is removable)Photo 12-17-17, 10 02 30 PM.jpg
The side supports can be used as little boxes that mount directly to the crossmembers

Photo 12-17-17, 10 02 34 PM.jpg Photo 12-17-17, 10 02 28 PM.jpg

ChepoCDT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mexico City
First Name
Chepo
Last Name
CDT
Member #

Got a DJI Mavic Pro for Christmas and decided to practice a little with some shots of the Taco...

What do you think?

Reactions: Phildirt