Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

been on the fence on what to order. I need to get some chairs for me and the Wife. our colaman ones finally gave up the ghost , and the 5 dollar one I got in a pinch isnt holding up well. Ive been looking at Alps engineering and the arb chairs .

Reactions: Drifterman

stainlessdoctor

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prairie Grove, AR, USA
First Name
LARRY
Last Name
JACKSON
Member #

Just some Mcgellan camp chairs from Academy and a little light weight fold up table from Amazon.....chairs have a padded head rest and cup holders and little bag on side for your stuff....works good for me

sera4242

Rank 0

Contributor I

Just some Mcgellan camp chairs from Academy and a little light weight fold up table from Amazon.....chairs have a padded head rest and cup holders and little bag on side for your stuff....works good for me
Camp chairs from Academy very bad. I found a better solution for children for site jonsguide.org. Using bag chairs from Academy help children adapt more quickly. We use data bag chairs for kids in schools:tonguewink:

Last edited:

Philbobagginz

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Brick, NJ
Member #

My vote goes to ARB, those chairs are solid and comfortable, they fold up just like any other camp chair also. Alps makes some quality gear, I have one of their tents that has been through a few primitive sites and a few rain storms with no issues at all, so I would assume the chairs would be great. Front runner outfitter chairs are also a great choice.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I just picked up some alp king Kong chairs. Their big. Perhaps to big for the wife.
Great quality though. Feel very sturdy and well made. We may trade for something more suitable for my wife's size as her feet barely touch the ground .

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Couldn't weigh in on this, as I don't sit still long enough to be able to determine comfort level.

I think on our last outing I was perched on my Lagunitas cooler/chair combo...

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

So many great options in this thread. We have some that are like the OZtent ones above and they are the normal chairs for long trips. But when we are camping close by, I just chuck these HUGE bass pro shop chairs on the rack. They SUCK to pack and are huge, but OMG are they nice.

Our anniversary present 2 years ago were those chairs. I literally begin setting up camp, sit down and fall asleep. Wake, work a little and sit zzzzzz . Love them.

Teh_Viking

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

I currently have 2 chairs and love them both. Both happen to be from REI, so they are a little more on the expensive side but they have proven to hold up.

First one is the REI Co-op Camp Stoaway Low Chair.

This is like the low rider of chairs, im 6'2" 260 or so and can get up and out of it pretty well. Its super comfy if you like this style of chair. The feet are really nice and adjust to any terrain that you are on. I've taken this to King of The Hammers twice it worked out great on the steep trails. Its also folds up super small and compact compared to my other chair.
chair.jpg

The next chair I have is this one
REI Co-op Camp Xtra Chair

This thing is huge, I think they make 2 versions of this chair, this one being much wider I believe. I'm sure you could fit 2 teenagers in this thing and they each have their own cup holder. Its super comfy whether your a small or larger person. You wont be taking this beast on a hike or anything. So far its been great over the past few years.
chair 2.jpg

ZREM

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fort Collins, CO
First Name
Court
Last Name
Merz
Member #

I have really liked our Lafuma chairs. I've had 3 lower back surgeries and I'm not a big guy, finding a chair with good support that isn't made for a big guy is tough. It's not perfect, and it's overpriced, but it is damn comfortable.

Folds flat, has 3 positions (upright to somewhat reclined), lightweight.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

Snowpeak Low Beach Chair. Expensive and not particularly small when packed but really comfortable and doesn't cut into the back of your legs like most camp chairs after a.few hours round the campfire.

Last edited:

raycie

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Kapolei, HI
Member #

Picked up a Helinox sunset. Tried out a generic one from Amazon, and it didn't compare... expensive, but super light, and packs basically to nothing.....

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Picked up a Helinox sunset. Tried out a generic one from Amazon, and it didn't compare... expensive, but super light, and packs basically to nothing.....
We just bought two Helinox Sunset chairs, too. They're pretty comfortable so far, and take up a ton less space than the two big bag chairs we used before (on the first page of this thread.)

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

*edit idk why everytime I try to link an amazon product it changes the format to a media link and breaks it...im not sure why so just copy and past the link between the urls till I can figure this crap out..or if someone has an idea private message me lol
Are you doing this?

Write stuff… Choose the word you want to act as the link...

Highlight JUST that word… (or words, watevr you like)

Use the "LINK" button… (looks like an unbroken chain)

It will open this dialogue box in which you paste the full URL for the page you would like to link to… Then press "Insert". It will change the color of your chosen word to indicate it is linked.

Or trying to link directly to bring up what looks like an Amazon ad link? In that case…something may be wrong with the site?

@Steve you can delete this if it's resolved. Sorry.