Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Birmingham, Alabama
First Name
James
Last Name
Watkins
Member #

Hey guys and gals, I just wanted to formally introduce my self. My name is JT Watkins I am in the Birmingham, Alabama area. I recently (as in the last week) started a podcast for the overlanding community. I want to gear it towards regular weekenders that get out and explore every chance they can. I am looking for guest and people to talk with on the show. I do not plan on it being some down out interview with a ton of questions just simple stuff and more of just a conversation about overlanding and what it is and how people can get involved. If you are intersted in being a guest on the show send me a message and we will set it up. It does not matter if you have 20+ years in this or 20 days. We can all learn something from someone. There is a website for the podcast it is kinda plane right now as I am just getting started, but that is going to change and hopefully change quickly. I know there are a few other overlanding podcast out there, but none seem to really post on a regular basis and some have not posted anything in years. Lets change that and get more people involved. I look forward to hearing from some of yall and learning as well as providing information to people that cannot always scan the forums.

Reactions: Downs

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
How do we find the podcast?

JTW5

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Birmingham, Alabama
First Name
James
Last Name
Watkins
Member #

How do we find the podcast?
I am going to put out the intro episode tonight and it should be on most platforms... I know it will be on spotify google play and itunes. I will also put a link to the first one in this thread so everyone can find it.

Reactions: Downs and Ron W.

JTW5

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Birmingham, Alabama
First Name
James
Last Name
Watkins
Member #

I just finshed up my into episode. It will be live on all platforms at 7:00pm tonight. I'll put a link to the podcast web page on here and you can find it there at 7:00pm. Check it out and let me know what yall think.

Reactions: chuckoverland

Brittany Highland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Guanajuato, Mexico
First Name
Brittany
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Hey JT, how is the podcast going? I just subscribed (haven't listened yet), but I see your last episode was in April. I'm always on the hunt for great overlanding podcasts!

JTW5

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Birmingham, Alabama
First Name
James
Last Name
Watkins
Member #

Just found your podcast and enjoyed it, do you think you will ever start it back up?
i am in the process of getting things back going. will try to get another episode out in the next few days as an update on what has. been going on and why i have not been producing content.

RickR

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler II

San Antonio, Texas
First Name
Rick
Last Name
R
Member #

Bummer hope you get it back up soon. I wanted to hear some podcast and might do one as well.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
subbed via google play. Look forward to you starting it back up.