Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

Saturday is going to be wet and in the 50s, should melt whatever comes our way come Thursday, between a sunny Friday and a Rainy Saturday. Should put up a good challenge in some locations.

Super bummed I won't make it out there with you guys, but I am hoping to have a date set in stone for a snow-ride through the pines by the end of December for a January Ride. Let's hope we get some good snowfall soon so we won't have to wait that long. Would anybody be interested in camping in the snow? Say I reserved a group campground, who would show up?

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Saturday is going to be wet and in the 50s, should melt whatever comes our way come Thursday, between a sunny Friday and a Rainy Saturday. Should put up a good challenge in some locations.

Super bummed I won't make it out there with you guys, but I am hoping to have a date set in stone for a snow-ride through the pines by the end of December for a January Ride. Let's hope we get some good snowfall soon so we won't have to wait that long. Would anybody be interested in camping in the snow? Say I reserved a group campground, who would show up?
I’d love to go. Might be tough December/January but I will certainly try

DVC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hackettstown, NJ
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
R
Member #

... I am hoping to have a date set in stone for a snow-ride through the pines by the end of December for a January Ride. Let's hope we get some good snowfall soon so we won't have to wait that long. Would anybody be interested in camping in the snow? Say I reserved a group campground, who would show up?
I would seriously consider that!

Ian McAdorey

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

I am trying to figure something out so it is out of the holiday rush, My fiance's birthday is 1/29 so that weekend before is probably out for me. I would like to push to have something set in stone before I move out of NJ, though, which is fast approaching

Reactions: tacoclifford

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

Where in the area is that? North? South? Iv stayed in hawkin bridge campground before and was a little disappointed
Batona Camp is north of Hawkins Bridge. It is practically across the street from Carranza Memorial N 39.7774°, W74.6324°
It puts you south of Apple Pie Hill, But North of Atsion. Its right along the Batona Trail if you wanted to hike a portion. Water Pump, Pit Toilets & fire rings. No picnic tables & it's "Trash in Trash out" policy.

Reactions: KC2BUN

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Batona Camp is north of Hawkins Bridge. It is practically across the street from Carranza Memorial N 39.7774°, W74.6324°
It puts you south of Apple Pie Hill, But North of Atsion. Its right along the Batona Trail if you wanted to hike a portion. Water Pump, Pit Toilets & fire rings. No picnic tables & it's "Trash in Trash out" policy.
Very concise instructions. I like it. Thanks!

Reactions: MuckSavage

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
You betcha! If ya's going to the pines Saturday as previously mentioned be careful of ice. I live 15 miles west of Atsion & temps today only reached 30. Its currently 21 degrees
Yea I’m worried about the ice. I hit some trails today in New York and everything was frozen enough to make tire slicing chunks

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

Update. Low of 16 degrees here at 02:00. Years ago, I learned the effects of smashing piney ice puddles with CJ5's & 7's. I'm not sure I'm gonna do the same with new generation of plastic Jeeps. No disrespect to anyone's vehicle, I could just see the number cover on my Commander getting damaged. I'd stick to milder sand roads tomorrow folks

KC2BUN

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Salem County NJ
Member #

Update. Low of 16 degrees here at 02:00. Years ago, I learned the effects of smashing piney ice puddles with CJ5's & 7's. I'm not sure I'm gonna do the same with new generation of plastic Jeeps. No disrespect to anyone's vehicle, I could just see the number cover on my Commander getting damaged. I'd stick to milder sand roads tomorrow folks
Its one of my concerns, mine isn't a jeep but it is a daily driver and a bit of a drive to get home

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Yes that’s probable best. It’s in an awkward phase. Not solid enough to support a vehicles weight but thin enough to break and rip vehicles apart. Sandy trails it is