inteck

Rank 0

Contributor I

Bergen County, NJ, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Rodrigues
Hey everyone. I just joined the forum because I stumbled across this trail and am super interested in it. I have a stock 2002 Ram 1500 and have been wanting to get into some light off-roading / overlanding and I thought this would be a good "intro" if you will.
I told my wife and daughter about it and they are both super interested, so we are trying to figure out a time to make the run. If we do, we would do the full run over the course of a long 3-day weekend.

I will go poking around other areas of the forums as from a quick look it seems like there is going to be a lot of great information. However, for this trail, what would be a recommendation for what gear to have, aside from our camping gear, that may be necessary / useful? Or is the majority of this run pretty straightforward with no special equipment really necessary? From a couple of posts on here, I may pick up a battery chain saw as a just in case, but if anyone has a short list of "must haves", I am all ears.

Once I have a time-frame firmed up, I will post my dates here and maybe I will see someone else on the trail. Note: We would be going North to South.

Thanks in advance for any and all information.