Launch Member

Explorer I

Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Kelley
Member #

I'm liking the looks and off road potential of the 2 door. The 4 door looks a bit to much like a Land Rover in my opinion. Excited to see these out in the wild though. Looks like they have modability in mind so some cool aftermarket support should be coming

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Reactions: Scott_Milk

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I think they should offer a Bareback option stripped of all the IT hardware and the big screen for us minimalists who just want to drive.

Rath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Manitoba, Canada
First Name
Rath
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

Honestly I would love a base model with the sasquatch package.

Base with 35's and front+rear lockers would be amazing. And fairly affordable. I love how ford offers good packages on base models. Other makers need to take note.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Great! For me, already the old Ford Bronco was one of the cars you just have to have :hearteyes:

morganwest95

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, AZ, USA
First Name
Morgan
Last Name
West
Member #

I love it so much. If it were just a little bit less expensive for the Badlands option, I'd leave my Ranger stock and trade it in the day a Bronco shows up in my local lot. But, since it's a bit too out of the budget and I need the truck for typical truck stuff, I'll be watching new Bronco owners with much envy. Either way, I love this truck and will probably love it more after she gets some upgrades.

Reactions: Wallygator

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
As a Jeep guy I'm quite impressed with what they did with the Bronco. Here's a few of my posts from various Jeep groups/forums.

The Sasquatch Package (Ford Bronco) is supposed to be avaliable at every trim level. That means you can buy a base model Bronco with Lockers in both ends, bilsteins, 17 inch "beadlock capable" wheels with MTs (though i think id opt to stay with the steel wheels and smaller tires), 35 inch tires, and lower axle gearing.
Are you taking notes Jeep/FCA?
All I see is more competition which will do nothing but benefit the consumer.
You know what you can get on a base model Bronco? Lockers front and rear. Lower axle gearing, ect ect. How many base model JKs or JLs come with such off road goodies? None? Oh that's right you gotta step up to the Rubicon for those kinds of things to the tune of 40 grand (or more).
Options like that should have been available on stock base model Jeeps long before JL and Ford beat them to it. Guess they were just depending on people wanting to fork over the extra cash for the Rubicon trim.
I'll say this right now. Not that I'm getting out of my XJ into either Wrangler or Bronco but if I was in the market for a new factory off roader it would probably be the Bronco just for the fact I can have these items added to a base model vehicle. I don't need the higher trim levels.
Bronco build sheet if I was getting one
Base 4cyl 7 speed manual with "Sasquatch" package minus the 35s, I'd stick with the Base models' steel wheels if I could.
And when someone came in swinging the "They can't copy Jeep's history" comment.
Well considering they built about half (300,000) of the GPWs/MBs during WW2 I think they have more of a connection to Jeep's past than some of Jeeps recent owners
I mean, I guess when Diamler Benz owned Jeep they had a pretty strong connection to WW2...............

Reactions: MeliMK

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Just sayin'!:grin:

There's a guy down the road with a yard full of Scouts and an international pick up or two. They all look functional. Been meaning to stop and talk to him, judging by all the International dealership signs and stuff on his barn I bet he'd be willing to talk my ear off forages on them :D

Reactions: MazeVX

nomoeideas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Keenan
Last Name
Moe
Member #

The new Ford Bronco looks pretty good. Jeep is going to have some Competition.

I think Ford has done a great job answering to all of the hype they created. They seem to have really dialled into what everyone is doing to their vehicles aftermarket and put out OEM specs that really match what a lot of weekend warriors or overlanders will find value in. Not everyone can do a full custom build like most due with Jeeps and other vehicles. The only thing that I’m skeptical about is the ability to keep the roof rack when you remove the roof. Would be nice if you could run roof rack with our without the roof panels. Need some close up photos ASAP!

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I like the Base version most. I need a clutch so most of the higher options are out since they all include the slush box. I'm a fan of steel wheels and the lockers would be the ONLY option I'd want. I've had 35s and they offer zero advantages for what I do. The disadvantage of 35s is ride and aquaplaning thru standing water. Winter traction is better with smaller/skinnier rubber. The only thing I wish Ford added would be a hidden winch like the Dodge Power Wagon. Otherwise it is near perfect for me.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I like the Base version most. I need a clutch so most of the higher options are out since they all include the slush box. I'm a fan of steel wheels and the lockers would be the ONLY option I'd want. I've had 35s and they offer zero advantages for what I do. The disadvantage of 35s is ride and aquaplaning thru standing water. Winter traction is better with smaller/skinnier rubber. The only thing I wish Ford added would be a hidden winch like the Dodge Power Wagon. Otherwise it is near perfect for me.
Man I don’t know what went wrong when you put 35s on your jeep I don’t know if you put way too much lift on a short arm suspension ran way too high of air pressure for a light vehicle but every complaint you have about 35s is the exact opposite of what most everybody else has ever experienced, I’ve always gotten way better winter tractionWay less hydroplaning and much softer ride
89E78195-E33C-4475-B38E-CDE41993C26F.jpeg

Reactions: MidOH