Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
The bolt spacing on the two couplers is industry standard, not just a HF thing. I discovered the same thing when I bought a new coupler for the teardrop.

In addition to the tires, I also upgraded to a 3500# axle to get larger diameter bearings. I feel much better about going over 65 now.

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
The bolt spacing on the two couplers is industry standard, not just a HF thing. I discovered the same thing when I bought a new coupler for the teardrop.

In addition to the tires, I also upgraded to a 3500# axle to get larger diameter bearings. I feel much better about going over 65 now.
The coupler spacing is just a pain, but not an issue. I could stay with 1 7/8 since I do have a triple ball hitch, I just prefer to stay with one consistent size.
Yes, I will go with an upgraded axle in the future. But for now, I just need to get it road ready and inspected.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Power washed, sanded, and primed the (M)Ikea trailer frame. Also, changed the wheels color from white to charcoal gray.

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Argh! It's been raining every day since the day after I primed the frame. :rage:

• Sad
Reactions: Sparksalot