The Last Trip?

• HTML tutorial
S

SoCoRuss

The scenario you have:

With the govt and the ruling elites trying to end all fun in life and wanting everyone to live in tiny cubes in the mass surveillance city and eat bugs each day. Or if you find out a medical condition will end your time on earth at a certain date in the soon future.

If you could only go on "ONE" more overlanding trip, where would that be? I know that's a hard decision, I have multiple favorite trips and areas also. But remember the medical condition clock is ticking or the FBI is coming to your door for you and the spy balloons will find you eventually so you only got time for 1 more trip.

Just to keep someone from saying travel the world continuous for the next 15 years, there is a 10 day limit on the trip.

So Where will it be?

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
Cannonball Run, and back, as many times as possible.

S

SoCoRuss

Ok, since you don't really watch and pay attention to news maybe I should explain. Its a play twist on the times, its not political. Then, how about the Zombie apocalypse is coming or an asteroid. Does that make you happier?

Anyway, I like the 2 Alaska ideas. Been there a few times but not really for overlanding. I like it :laughing:

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

@SoCoRuss Alaska is cool and all (no pun intended) but I'm kinda down to see how @genocache plans on getting his rig into space.
I think Ol Elon will do anything for $$$. I can just picture myself sitting behind the wheel of my 109 drifting past the moon on an arc to be the first man on Mars.....then remembering I left my skottle at home and fearing the ridicule of the entire Spacelanding community. Oh wait, that's just me! ME, MEEEEEEEEE!

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Make my way to florida then free dive with sharks

S

SoCoRuss

Didn't you watch the Fast and Furious movie, Cars can go into space now. Why waste money on rockets.
Can you imagine what aliens will think when they find Elon's car cruising thru the galaxy.:tearsofjoy:

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

Didn't you watch the Fast and Furious movie, Cars can go into space now. Why waste money on rockets.
Can you imagine what aliens will think when they find Elon's car cruising thru the galaxy.:tearsofjoy:

Nope didn't watch FnF. I'm guessing they will look at the lack of fuel and go "Poor creature, ran out of fuel, probably why it is so dehydrated."

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
Rockies deep in , middle north BC. Just keep going up resource roads until I get somewhere nice and just stop

Reactions: Canadian Joe

Snapspinner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fuquay-Varina, NC, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Whipple
Member #

In any of the circumstances you propose, to be on the road is enough. I'd probably pick somewhere I've never been before. I always find happiness in exploring a new road or trail. I'd probably head towards in the Southwest? Stop at some old favorites along the way.

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

I’d either spend all that time with my family or sell the vehicle and make the family hop a plane to someplace still free. As much as I enjoy overlanding, it’s not my life And likely not something I would do in my final hours.

Reactions: danwyandt

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Drive the Trans America Trail as far as I can go in 10 days. I will probably convince a few people to join. If I we get unstuckably stuck, at least the rest of my time will still be spent in nature with the rig.

Reactions: RaD Overlanding

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia
10 days! That's hardly getting started!

Oh well, to offer thoughts for the condition proposed:

1) Assuming we can ship our vehicle to the starting point, then perhaps Delhi-Agra-Jaipur,

2) If we have to start at home then perhaps Bogotá-Mocoa-Nueva Loja-Tulcán-Ipiales-Pasto-Mocoa-Bogotá.