The Court Treatt Expedition 1924-1926

• HTML tutorial

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
That is pretty neat.

I like the details about the river crossings, particularly the ones involving taking the cars across on the bottom of the river. The rope with the buoy on it sounds like something learned from someone else's previous failure.

What came to mind for me is a car on display in the Blackhawk museum. It would have been from the same era. It was found in the bottom of a river in Africa. I now have a better sense of how it would have wound up there.

Reactions: Correus

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

That is pretty neat.

I like the details about the river crossings, particularly the ones involving taking the cars across on the bottom of the river. The rope with the buoy on it sounds like something learned from someone else's previous failure.

What came to mind for me is a car on display in the Blackhawk museum. It would have been from the same era. It was found in the bottom of a river in Africa. I now have a better sense of how it would have wound up there.
If you liked that - check out the following, especially the one dealing with the 1959/1960 "Trans-Darien Expedition"

There's also the following - about four Brits driving a single, SII Rover from Tierra del Fuego in Argentina to Fairbanks Alaska - their goal was tge Arctic Circle though.

To me these, as well as a few others, are the best examples of overlanding I can think of IMHO.

Reactions: Anak