Pearland, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Specht
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWK279
Lance, do you mind sharing a link to that molle panel you have mounted to your risers? I've been trying to find one that would work for a bit.

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Disconnected from the pull vehicle, how stable does it feel with everyone up in the tent? Do you wish the jacks were spaced further or do they work well where they're at?

Basecamp Overland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Pearland, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Specht
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWK279
Disconnected from the pull vehicle, how stable does it feel with everyone up in the tent? Do you wish the jacks were spaced further or do they work well where they're at?
I've never felt uncomfortable, it feels pretty solid. I do keep my tent on the lowest riser setting and the only time it's felt wobbly was when I had a pretty unbalanced starting point (had to level with a maxtrax before putting legs down). I've just recently ordered leveling blocks to give me more flexibility.

Short answer, it feels good and pretty solid.

You're welcome to connect with me and check out mine if you're interested.

Reactions: AggieOE

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

I've never felt uncomfortable, it feels pretty solid. I do keep my tent on the lowest riser setting and the only time it's felt wobbly was when I had a pretty unbalanced starting point (had to level with a maxtrax before putting legs down). I've just recently ordered leveling blocks to give me more flexibility.

Short answer, it feels good and pretty solid.

You're welcome to connect with me and check out mine if you're interested.
I appreciate the response!
I actually created my own DIY utility trailer conversion last year but am not 100% happy with the stability at height. I'm pretty sure though it's because I've been using the tongue jack as the front support instead of additional jacks/supports. I'm planning on bringing it to the April meet-up you scheduled if that is something y'all usually do. So I'd love to see yours there. Mine hasn't been out of the garage since my last trip in July.

Reactions: Basecamp Overland

Basecamp Overland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Pearland, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Specht
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWK279
I appreciate the response!
I actually created my own DIY utility trailer conversion last year but am not 100% happy with the stability at height. I'm pretty sure though it's because I've been using the tongue jack as the front support instead of additional jacks/supports. I'm planning on bringing it to the April meet-up you scheduled if that is something y'all usually do. So I'd love to see yours there. Mine hasn't been out of the garage since my last trip in July.
Awesome! We will be there and we bring our trailer as well.

apoOverlanding

Rank II

Contributor III

Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Aponte
Member #

Wow everyone great stuff here, I am speaking with Taxa on a WB Overland edition. I am digging that Molle panel on the side, Does anyone have any pros or cons with their experience so far? I am wondering if a fan fits where the cooler/fridge would go for better ventilation.

Basecamp Overland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Pearland, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Specht
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWK279
Wow everyone great stuff here, I am speaking with Taxa on a WB Overland edition. I am digging that Molle panel on the side, Does anyone have any pros or cons with their experience so far? I am wondering if a fan fits where the cooler/fridge would go for better ventilation.
apoOverlanding, there are several of us that have modified our WB's. Once of those mods has been putting in a vent and/or fan in the fridge area. Although, I haven't done it (I have everything I need to do it), not everyone needs ventilation there. It just depends on the fridge you have. I am running a Truma and I have no heatinging issues at all (even in Texas). The overland editions are awesome, a lot of cool features.

apoOverlanding

Rank II

Contributor III

Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Aponte
Member #

apoOverlanding, there are several of us that have modified our WB's. Once of those mods has been putting in a vent and/or fan in the fridge area. Although, I haven't done it (I have everything I need to do it), not everyone needs ventilation there. It just depends on the fridge you have. I am running a Truma and I have no heatinging issues at all (even in Texas). The overland editions are awesome, a lot of cool features.
Thanks for the quick response! I have a ICECO JP40 and spend my time typically in TX, NM, AZ . I was thinking of adding pink insulation board and a fan to help w/the hellish heat we get in TX.

Basecamp Overland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Pearland, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Specht
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWK279
Thanks for the quick response! I have a ICECO JP40 and spend my time typically in TX, NM, AZ . I was thinking of adding pink insulation board and a fan to help w/the hellish heat we get in TX.
I think the pink insulation board might have the opposite effect and trap the heat inside. It would end up taking all the room for airflow in that cabinet. An exhaust fan/exhaust vent would be best option.

Here is a link to the Taxa Woolly Bear owners group on FB. A lot of information there for the WB.

Phannatic

Rank I

Contributor II

NM, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Acquesta
Awesome LanceK. I took your inspiration and did some a solar installation and wiring similar to you. Thanks for your post! Worked out awesome. Drilled a couple holes, added grommets, and ran the wires up to the storage compartment. Solar controller, inverter, bus bars, and cut off switches so I can run off my Jeeps alternator when driving through 7pin, then when at camp site, disconnect 7pin and run through the switches an using the 100ah battery. Redid the wiring underneath so I can use the SAE solar port to charge direct to controller. I loose a bit of space in compartment, but I am planning to 3D print sectioning to create space in front of panel and above battery.

Attachments

Reactions: madsons