Launch Member

Enthusiast I

coastal georgia
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hart
Member #

I am looking at adding a couple auxbeem switch panels one for outside devices and one for interior items. What has been your experience with auxbeem and other similar switches ?

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I am looking at adding a couple auxbeem switch panels one for outside devices and one for interior items. What has been your experience with auxbeem and other similar switches ?
I have one similar to auxbeam (voswitch) which is probably made in the same factory. I use it for lights, air compressor, navigation power, trailer camera (so its not on when I am disconnected). Its been installed on two trucks and a total of over two years and It works great. On probelm I have run into is since its on my dash and occasionally is in direct sunlight the face has started to peel a little and the power button cracked. It still functions 100%, is super easy to setup and wire. I do recommend it to anyone that needs a switch panel.

Reactions: chartgpa

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I have an Auxbeam installed in my trailer. It works well and the 6 gang button pad is solid.

My complaint is the main positive feed to the fuse box is made up of 6 small gauge wires instead of one heavy gauge wire feeding a buss bar in the fuse box. If one of these wires were to break, it would be a troubleshooting nightmare. I would complain that there is light bleed through on the black portion of the switch panel if it was installed in my vehicle.

1684511060664.png

TheBison

Rank V

Trail Blazer III

Hartsel, CO
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Foltz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA0BF / WRMI426
Service Branch
U.S. Army
I've had in in for over a year and no issues at all. My switch (8-switch version) is able to handle appropriately-sized wires for the main positive and negative feeds and each accessory just fine so I'm not sure what the previous post was referring to.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I don’t have direct experience with these type of switches, but I use a 4 way BlueSea switch panel that has fuses by each switch. My suggestion is just be mindful where you put it and what it controls. Think through your workflow. If it’s in the cab and only controls lights for driving, perfect. But I’ve seen where someone puts their camp lights on the switch in the cab then you have to open the door and turn on the lights. Not the end of the world, but it can get annoying. I have a truck with rack/RTT so my BlueSea switch is by the tailgate because 95% of my camp workflow is out of the rear. For example switched in the rear are my camp lights, RTT power, cargo light, and fridge power.

Have fun!

635696B8-7A51-4201-B084-075D45EB4476.jpeg7B3F6A5D-D2F3-4D07-9770-0CA74D781E9E.jpeg4A117253-0FF9-4FC0-9FCE-86D393F88AB3.jpeg55E05BFF-6656-4C1F-A7F7-626699DCF6FF.jpeg