Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
George, got the OK from the boss lady to attend the Midas Touch trip. Just need to get the time off work, and I'm in.

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
George,I'm hoping to make the midas touch trip. Doing a 4 day trip with some OB members memorial day weekend.

I don't see getting the time off work being a problem.
Nice! Should be a good trip.

I have, at this point, two other rigs going. Waiting on confirmation on a couple others.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Nice! Should be a good trip.

I have, at this point, two other rigs going. Waiting on confirmation on a couple others.
So is that three or four including me? Also,will Tess and Caleb be joining us,or is it too close to the wedding?

Reactions: GHCOE

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
This trip is coming up next week.

Midas Touch
June 4-7, 2021
Time: Texaco McDermitt (Quinn River Market) 10:00am - I-O-N Truck Plaza 7:30 am
Meet Place: Texaco McDermitt (Quinn River Market) 195 US-95, McDermitt, NV 89421 or caravan from Treasure Valley meetup I-O-N Truck Plaza 5644 Buntrock Rd, Marsing, ID 83639.
Destination: North East Nevada
Estimated Duration: 3-4 days
Estimated Distance: (Fuel to Fuel) Owyhee NV 269 miles/Elko, NV 278 miles
Comms Channels: HAM=146.480, GRMS=17, CB=13
Zello Channel (phone app): SW Idaho Overlanding and 4x4

SW Idaho is heading back into Nevada for another adventure. This trip will include old mining sites, homesteads, hot springs, ghost towns. Should be plenty of two track travel. We will reach 8500' on this trip as well.

This trip is going into a some areas I have only seen on maps so I don't really know what to expect. From what I have heard there is some great views and isolation. This trip is planned for 4 days, but could be shorter depending on road conditions and/or what we find. I am expecting some rough roads in places. Could be narrow two tracks from time to time. Could be muddy if weather is wet.

As mentioned above fuel stops can be up to 278 miles apart. Could be more if some roads are impassible or rerouting is needed, so be prepared if you attend.

This is not a guided tour and all who attend are ultimately responsible for their own safety. I am not responsible for damage, injury and or death. You partake under your own free will knowing the dangers of such activities.

Attachments

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
This trip is coming up next week.

Midas Touch
June 4-7, 2021
Time: Texaco McDermitt (Quinn River Market) 10:00am - I-O-N Truck Plaza 7:30 am
Meet Place: Texaco McDermitt (Quinn River Market) 195 US-95, McDermitt, NV 89421 or caravan from Treasure Valley meetup I-O-N Truck Plaza 5644 Buntrock Rd, Marsing, ID 83639.
Destination: North East Nevada
Estimated Duration: 3-4 days
Estimated Distance: (Fuel to Fuel) Owyhee NV 269 miles/Elko, NV 278 miles
Comms Channels: HAM=146.480, GRMS=17, CB=13
Zello Channel (phone app): SW Idaho Overlanding and 4x4

SW Idaho is heading back into Nevada for another adventure. This trip will include old mining sites, homesteads, hot springs, ghost towns. Should be plenty of two track travel. We will reach 8500' on this trip as well.

This trip is going into a some areas I have only seen on maps so I don't really know what to expect. From what I have heard there is some great views and isolation. This trip is planned for 4 days, but could be shorter depending on road conditions and/or what we find. I am expecting some rough roads in places. Could be narrow two tracks from time to time. Could be muddy if weather is wet.

As mentioned above fuel stops can be up to 278 miles apart. Could be more if some roads are impassible or rerouting is needed, so be prepared if you attend.

This is not a guided tour and all who attend are ultimately responsible for their own safety. I am not responsible for damage, injury and or death. You partake under your own free will knowing the dangers of such activities.
Looking forward to this one. I'll be bringing the dog with me. He seems to be doing much better getting along with other dogs, but please be aware that it's an unknown right now.

Just to be clear.... Meet at ion truck plaza at 7:30, correct?

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Just noticed I am getting behind on posting up videos here. This is the last 3 of the Cream Can Junction Series.

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Midas Touch started great, but ended with a bang! Thanks to all who came along and helped me get the Jeep back home! Here are some pictures before the issue.

Attachments

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Twas an interesting trip, for sure. Any idea what it's going to cost to get the old jeep fixed?
I was quoted $800-1200 depending on what all needs to be replaced. Probably just the bearings and and brake backing plate at this point, but could be axle and carrier if any damaged has occurred to them.

• Sad
Reactions: Desert Runner

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I was quoted $800-1200 depending on what all needs to be replaced. Probably just the bearings and and brake backing plate at this point, but could be axle and carrier if any damaged has occurred to them.
Honestly, that's not bad considering what happened. I'm just glad it didn't happen while we were coming down off the mountain.

• Wow
Reactions: Desert Runner

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Winter Wonderland IV Part 1 and 2.

It's winter and cabin Fever has set in. Eight people with 4 vehicles decide to tackle the great outdoors of SW Idaho, determined to break the winter doldrums. Come ride with them as they drive interesting canyons, find some old ruins and explore the surrounding desert in this two part series of their winter adventure.

Part 1

Part 2

barnstormers

Rank V

Explorer I

Rupert Idaho
First Name
Barney
Last Name
Fife
Member #

George, been following your adjoin YouTube. I’m hoping to tag along on one or two next year. Too many other obligations this last summer.

Reactions: GHCOE

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Sweet. Any details yet?
I will return to the Midas Touch Trip that I did earlier this year. I lost a axle early on day two so we really only scratched the surface of that trip. That will be a 4-5 day trip. I have another 4-5 day trip into Norther Utah were we will explore some old mines and be in a pretty remote area. Hopefully I will not loose a axle there :-)

I also have a few over nigthers. A couple that I had to cancel this year due to my Covid and clashes with other peoples trips that I usually attend, but don't know dates till a few weeks out.

I usually have more information around Christmas time. That is when I am down enough to do some research and planning.