• Total voters

Ronald Miranda

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

18.465161, -69.953888
Member #

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a new setup on my Grand Cherokee WJ.

Right now, I'm running 2.5 BB with Stock Springs. JKS Adjust Trackbar and ProComp ES9000 shocks.

I don't want to go over 3" Lift! because this is my daily and I use it on highway every week.

Looking for something more comfortable and with a better offroad feeling, right now this thing is really hard and stiff!!

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
I'm running the OME 2" HD springs with Bilstein 5125 shocks. It rides fine on hwy but it's pretty stiff. Depending on how heavily loaded you plan on being, I would look at doing the medium duty springs. You can always add in a spacer or the OME trim spacers if it sags too much when fully loaded, or airbags. If you plan on being somewhat loaded on a normal basis, then the HD's might be ideal. I'm not upset with my spring rate and I think the more I drive the rig and load it down, the springs/shocks get broken in better. It's still pretty stiff compared to stock, but I've maybe only put 500 or so miles on the new setup. I have a roof basket and a bull bar that add somewhere around 100+lbs to the rig at the moment, so that could also be contributing to the stiffer feel as the springs were designed to have a heavier stock weight. Something to consider.

Reactions: Ronald Miranda

Ronald Miranda

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

18.465161, -69.953888
Member #

I'm running the OME 2" HD springs with Bilstein 5125 shocks. It rides fine on hwy but it's pretty stiff. Depending on how heavily loaded you plan on being, I would look at doing the medium duty springs. You can always add in a spacer or the OME trim spacers if it sags too much when fully loaded, or airbags. If you plan on being somewhat loaded on a normal basis, then the HD's might be ideal. I'm not upset with my spring rate and I think the more I drive the rig and load it down, the springs/shocks get broken in better. It's still pretty stiff compared to stock, but I've maybe only put 500 or so miles on the new setup. I have a roof basket and a bull bar that add somewhere around 100+lbs to the rig at the moment, so that could also be contributing to the stiffer feel as the springs were designed to have a heavier stock weight. Something to consider.
Thanks man, for your review! I can consider that setup.

I'm going to add some weight with the front and rear tubular bumpers, rock slider and roof rack. Rear with tire carrier.
And usually we load more stuffs for camping trips. So, I will add about 600+lbs.

My WJ is I6 4.0L, so its a little bit lighter than yours.

adventure_is_necessary

Traveler III

First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Thanks man, for your review! I can consider that setup.

I'm going to add some weight with the front and rear tubular bumpers, rock slider and roof rack. Rear with tire carrier.
And usually we load more stuffs for camping trips. So, I will add about 600+lbs.

My WJ is I6 4.0L, so its a little bit lighter than yours.
Believe it or not, the I6 is heavier that the 4.7 V8. Not by much, but still heavier by about 60lbs, give or take

Ronald Miranda

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

18.465161, -69.953888
Member #

Just a follow up! I talked to Nick (KOLAK) this guy is a celebrity in GC WJ Suspensions! And he actually give some great options, just like I want it to hear, pros and cons, options and more!

The final result was:
Bilstein 5100 Shocks and IRO +3" Springs. And recommended a new set of Isolators all over!

Everything for a great price!

Last edited:

Ronald Miranda

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

18.465161, -69.953888
Member #

Just an update for this tread.

Just installed my suspension setup.

Great ride, very smooth! Still a little stiff but will get better. Had to do some adjustments on the front track bar and rear A-arm. Nothing serious!

Photos coming soon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using OB Talk mobile app

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
You want the rear to sit about 1 - 1.5" higher than front when empty and no/low on fuel. That way it sits level when full of fuel and passengers or weight is added to the vehicle.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
You want the rear to sit about 1 - 1.5" higher than front when empty and no/low on fuel. That way it sits level when full of fuel and passengers or weight is added to the vehicle.
*if you want it to sit level :)

I like mine about 1" lower in the rear. No function, just form. But it does look good either way.
So, you are the guy that everyone complains about at night when driving with your lights shining in their eyes. Haha. That is another reason why you want your vehicle sitting no lower than level when loaded down.

Ronald Miranda

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

18.465161, -69.953888
Member #

Hey guys, I think something is wrong with my Track Bar, does anyone knows how to set my Track Bar in the right length?

I'm using the JKS Track Bar (in a 3" IRO Lift).

adventure_is_necessary

Traveler III

First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA