WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Reactions: Epic Overland

theNAST1EST

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

So I guess this is really here nor there, but I had considered keeping track of my most recent trip on here.

Over the summer, from early June thru mid-July, I spent 40-some days making a 7,250 mile loop across the country and back...camping most of the way. I documented most of it on instagram (n8.leonard if you care...), so you're welcome to look.

I've loved Subarus forever, but this new-to-me 2010 Outback has been a dream come true. It's a high (ish) mileage 3.6R, yet it's a complete road warrior.

Here are some highlights...including a little bug netting ingenuity for the nights spent sleeping in the car. Around the Great Lakes, it was a total necessity...haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
All right a little help is requested. I need to upgrade the front and rear springs in the Outback. A 2" ADF lift already installed and want to get King Standard Rally Springs - Outback 2015-2017, standard ht. These are 20-30% stiffer than stock and should do me just fine. Also an added bonus is another 3/8" of ht :grinning:. I have a good mechanic by me that will install so I am good to go there.

Found them at Rallitek for $220 front pair and $220 rear pair. Anyone know of any other places I can get them?

Kaimana

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bend
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Sur
Member #

All right a little help is requested. I need to upgrade the front and rear springs in the Outback. A 2" ADF lift already installed and want to get King Standard Rally Springs - Outback 2015-2017, standard ht. These are 20-30% stiffer than stock and should do me just fine. Also an added bonus is another 3/8" of ht :grinning:. I have a good mechanic by me that will install so I am good to go there.

Found them at Rallitek for $220 front pair and $220 rear pair. Anyone know of any other places I can get them?
Primitive enterprises offers springs for most applications.

http://get-primitive.com/9-suspension-lift-kits

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I'm looking to do the King Springs from Primitive, not sure if I want to do all four or just the rear.
Any suggestions?
Do all 4. The day to day driving will benefit from the weight of the engine/transmission so you won’t need to compensate with weight. As a result the fronts will settle in MUCH faster. Off road you’ll appreciate the better control and, most especially, the increased resistance to dose diving going down hills.

Epic Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Washington, D.C.
Member #

Attn: Mid-Atlantic Subauru(ers?) Is there a thread here on OB, (or any interest in starting a thread) for meet ups, camping or hitting trails? I've been spending some time on the DC/MD/VA meet up thread, but for the most part it seems more like a Taco, 4Runner, Jeep-bro thread. It's not that they're not welcoming, I'm just looking to connect with more Subaru Overlanders.

*I'm going to cross post this to the MTN ROO Mid-Atlantic Facebook page

Reactions: DrockinWV and Rocky

Kaimana

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bend
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Sur
Member #

Thanks guys, looks like I need to save some more money for all 4. Again Thanks
LOL, I came home and found 5 large boxes from amazon and a wife with a surprised look on her face because I caught her with her hand in the cookie jar. So much for my planned winter upgrades. Suspension is now on a temporary hold.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: PNWSubie

Trekkieusn

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tucson Az
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Berno
Member #

Here is my 14 XV Crosstrek running:
Primitive triple armour
COBRA 75 WX ST
Roof rack
CUSCO BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER BRACE stops the flex and gives better pedal feel

in works are a ADF 2in lift with multi links and studying for my ham radio cert.

picture is up at my Mom's house in Pinetop-lakeside AZ

2016-05-08 06.18.10.jpg