Kueezy

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Grand Prairie, Tarrant County, Texas, United States
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Cuizon
Here are the Bilsteins in the rear. I’m waiting till the struts are shot in the front before I replace them with Bilstein 6112s.
Any pics of the whole truck? And specs on setup
Oh, of course.

2015 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L w/4x4 package

6” suspension lift
Diamondback HD Bed Cover
UpTop Overland Truss Bed Rack (Mid-height)
Gen 1 SB RTT
Bilstein 5160 Rear Shocks

Those are pretty much the exterior upgrades for now.

Attachments

Reactions: AddHawkins

AddHawkins

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Addison
Last Name
Hawkins
Member #

Just a quick side view of the current build. Trying to figure out what is coming next.
are you running the coil spring/strut combo? what notch are you on and is rear stock suspension
Yes I am running the combo and I have the rear left stock for now.

It’s a 2” “lift” which is really just a level on the f150, which is the tallest notch.

Reactions: AggieOE

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Looks great! I think for most applications, the small lift in the front should suffice for any clearance you may need.

The TAXA trailers look cool, especially in person. If it's just you and one other person, both seem like good options. Plus, they're made near me so I'll give them kudos for that. lol

AddHawkins

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Addison
Last Name
Hawkins
Member #

It’s been a while but a few updates.

Starting from the most recent “action” we checked off our first NP trip this summer. We drove out to Colorado and spent a few days at the Great Sand Dunes NP. We came in via the Medano Pass and camped in one of the dispersed camping spots. The pass was amazing, the dunes were unbelievable and the camp spot was perfect.

Highlights included the Medano Pass. Excellent trail with amazing views that not many get to see. The Sand Dunes NP is something else. A mix of Rocky Mountains with wetlands and a giant dune. Just traveling and spending time with family is always nice.

We outfitted the truck with some BillieBars and attached a modified Vault case and cargo rack for extra storage. Out side of adding a GMRS radio I haven’t done a lot extra to the truck. It worked great and got us in and out of the NP. We also traveled some mountain roads in Colorado Springs at the end of the week.

Our next adventure is Southern MO and Arkansas this fall. Next summer we’re headed back up to Michigan where we lived for 6 years to enjoy some camping up there. In the meantime we’ll continue to explore MO and AR.

Pics to follow.Truck1.jpegTrail.jpegIMG_8184.jpegIMG_8190.jpegCamp.jpegDunes.jpeg

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Looks like a great time! The lower rack looks clutch to maintain some sort of mileage with all the gear loaded.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

If you have a tent, or tow a small trailer to sleep in...you're done. All modifications neccessary are there. These big trucks have it all, just in a bigger package than a Wrangler. Power. Height, right out of the box. Cargo space up the wazoo. Comfort for the ride.

Reactions: Dougnuts

AddHawkins

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Addison
Last Name
Hawkins
Member #

If you have a tent, or tow a small trailer to sleep in...you're done. All modifications neccessary are there. These big trucks have it all, just in a bigger package than a Wrangler. Power. Height, right out of the box. Cargo space up the wazoo. Comfort for the ride.
It’s true. The tent was great but we’re looking to get a small trailer. With 3 kids we end up bringing half of our house!