Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

Hi All,
Looking for some advice and to confirm (or not) my thinking.
I currently have a Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor towing a Patriot Camper X3 running its own power source and I have ordered starlink to provide internet while out and about. I would prefer to keep the power source for the camper separate to the requirements to run Starlink, and I am not installing a second battery in the truck.

Looking at the specs and whats on the market, I am thinking of purchasing a power source in the form of an EcoFlow 500W River 2 Max power station or the EcoFlow 600W Max power station. The sole purpose of this power source is to use Starlink for a few hours a day with my macbook air attached. I have looked at other brands including GoalZero and Jackery, and without getting a battery which is far more than I need including weight, I think the EcoFlow range is the way to go.
Does the forum think the 500W would have enough juice to run Starlink for a few hours a day so I can chime into work and do MS Teams meetings, or complete word documents.

Thanks in adance.

Todd S.

Rank VII
Investor

Navigator I

Los Gatos, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Sacchi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YWP
Hi All,
Looking for some advice and to confirm (or not) my thinking.
I currently have a Next-Gen Ford Ranger Raptor towing a Patriot Camper X3 running its own power source and I have ordered starlink to provide internet while out and about. I would prefer to keep the power source for the camper separate to the requirements to run Starlink, and I am not installing a second battery in the truck.

Looking at the specs and whats on the market, I am thinking of purchasing a power source in the form of an EcoFlow 500W River 2 Max power station or the EcoFlow 600W Max power station. The sole purpose of this power source is to use Starlink for a few hours a day with my macbook air attached. I have looked at other brands including GoalZero and Jackery, and without getting a battery which is far more than I need including weight, I think the EcoFlow range is the way to go.
Does the forum think the 500W would have enough juice to run Starlink for a few hours a day so I can chime into work and do MS Teams meetings, or complete word documents.

Thanks in adance.
I use Starlink when I am out there. It draws about 50 watts an hour. I run it off a Eco Flo delta max and never had any problems with it. I suggest you get the portable solar panels just to keep the topped off. 

shrdt

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Spfd Oredgon
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hardt
You can also convert it to 12 volts. There are several ways to do and uses a lot less power since you don't have the inverter loss. The best way is to put a standard 8 pin network plug on the Starlink cable and use a POE injector with a boost power supply and a travel router for the wi-fi and wont void the warrantee. Here are a couple of links.

12 volt go box
at about 23 minutes in.
shows multiple ways to convert the Starlink Router to 12 volts.

Reactions: CarlParker

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
I have a starlink and a goal zero 1500 power bank. I used it while out camping and barely went down 20% on the bank.
I only use it for an hour or so each time, so really little draw. Agreed between 30-45W