Moss Point, MS, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Hoke
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Moved to south MS a few months ago. I’m in the North Moss Point area. I know there isn’t much down here but I’d like to get out and explore and hopefully meet some cool people. Cheers

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
yeah, im basically in the same boat youre in. we either go to arkansas or alabama. since you are way east of us, alabama is probably your best shot. we've done some time over in desoto and its OK for a weekend or so. central and north georgia is pretty much our go-to for hiking and exploring

Reactions: gx470_aaron

gx470_aaron

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Moss Point, MS, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Hoke
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
I did a little exploring in DNF a while back. Also went to Hawk Pride a few weeks ago. I’m more into crawling but always down for scenic views and camping!

FunkyStickman

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Schriever, LA, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Hendricks
New guy here, so I apologize... but when I was a scoutmaster, we would go camping at V-Bar in Kiln, MS all the time. I believe they rent out cabins, but also regular camping areas to the public. Beautiful lake, hiking trails, dirt roads everywhere, shooting range... worth looking into. (I'm not 100% sure they still do public reservations)
For simple camping practice runs, you can always check out the state parks like Percy Quinn in McComb, Bogue Chitto in Franklin, etc.
Looking forward to getting back into camping soon! I'm in southern LA, just southwest of New Orleans.