Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I’m playing by ear for tomorrow. Mollie took two rattlesnake bites to her face Wednesday night. Two days in the hospital and 3 vials of antivenin latter and she’s home. She’s swollen and tired so we’ll see in the morning.

IMG_4612.jpegIMG_4624.jpegIMG_4632.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: grubworm

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I’m playing by ear for tomorrow. Mollie took two rattlesnake bites to her face Wednesday night. Two days in the hospital and 3 vials of antivenin latter and she’s home. She’s swollen and tired so we’ll see in the morning.

View attachment 284931View attachment 284932View attachment 284933
damn! i really hate that for both y'all...especially Mollie, shes way too sweet and nice to have that happen. she's a tough pooch and you must have acted fast for her to survive TWO strikes. wow...
glad she pulled thru ok and hopefully she'll heal up nicely and be no worse for wear.
i know the snake was just doing what a snake does...but i wouldnt mind seeing it turned into a belt or wallet for doing that!

Rick-O

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Lopez

View attachment 284931View attachment 284932View attachment 284933
damn! i really hate that for both y'all...especially Mollie, shes way too sweet and nice to have that happen. she's a tough pooch and you must have acted fast for her to survive TWO strikes. wow...
glad she pulled thru ok and hopefully she'll heal up nicely and be no worse for wear.
i know the snake was just doing what a snake does...but i wouldnt mind seeing it turned into a belt or wallet for doing that!
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. She’s a tough dog to handle two bites. I pray she recovers quickly
I won’t make it to the meet up. My son has a football game. But I look forward to seeing yall at the TX Avid Outdoor Expo.

Kevin_e78d80

Rank IV

Member III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Milewski
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Veteran
So sorry to hear about Mollie, but glad she's doing better, too. I made it here with my old 01 Grand Cherokee if anyone still wants to come along. I'll wait a bit.

Reactions: Rick-O

Kevin_e78d80

Rank IV

Member III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Milewski
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Veteran
Need to build that out since you have the other. Dedicated overland rig!!
Yup, that's the plan. I've put over $11k into the mechanicals so far. You can't tell from the outside, but everything is new except the engine and transmission, and they last forever in WJs. It only has 144k miles on it, too!

Reactions: 2WheelRob

Kevin_e78d80

Rank IV

Member III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Milewski
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Veteran
I like it. Those have always been one of my favorites. Looks like it's in pretty good shape too.
Ya, there are some cosmetic things, like the interior ceiling is horrible! My order of improvement is:
- A/C fan (only runs on high)
- Tint
- LED head/tail lights
- New grill
- Bumpers and trim (likely just going to paint them)
- Rock sliders
- 4" full lift kit
- Rims and bigger offroad tires
- Paint job

Sometime after that I'll add a new front bumper with a winch.

Reactions: 2WheelRob

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
The bite near her eye. The one inside her mouth is still oozing.

IMG_4646.jpeg

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
The bite near her eye. The one inside her mouth is still oozing.

View attachment 284952
i know its pretty bad...but i still cant get over how she took TWO bites like that to the face and did as well as she did...that pooch has one serious immune system!
i grew up just outside of san angelo and we had cats out on the farm. one of them got bit by a rattler and just puffed up and died. that venom is pretty serious.