Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
One of my winter projects is to install sound deadening floor matting. I’ll be removing everything and applying direct to the steel floor. I see there are products to do this. What is your experience and/or recommendations? ( no spray on bed liners ) Thanks in advance

Reactions: Mr. McPickle

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

I used Noico sound/heat deadening in my LJ. its a closed cell foam sheet that I rolled on a little bit at a time. Also because the Jeep sees a lot of moisture I sprayed bed liner over it to seal it, and then reinstalled the carpet over everything.
It didn't work miracles but it definitely helped. I had a lot of heat coming through the transmission tunnel to the point that I could nearly boil water in the cup holders. With the hard top on I can hold a conversation on my cell phone with it mounted on the dash on speaker phone which is a significant improvement.
it was also very light so it added nearly no weight, which some of the other options that use butyl rubber do, though I don't know if the butyl rubber may work better. I covered as much surface area on the floors as I could to try and get the most out of it.
I got everything needed on Amazon for very low cost as well.

Attachments

Reactions: MOAK and Road

StealthRoamer

Rank II

Member I

Belgium
First Name
Hans
Last Name
Mary
Member #

I used Noico sound/heat deadening in my LJ. its a closed cell foam sheet that I rolled on a little bit at a time. Also because the Jeep sees a lot of moisture I sprayed bed liner over it to seal it, and then reinstalled the carpet over everything.
It didn't work miracles but it definitely helped. I had a lot of heat coming through the transmission tunnel to the point that I could nearly boil water in the cup holders. With the hard top on I can hold a conversation on my cell phone with it mounted on the dash on speaker phone which is a significant improvement.
it was also very light so it added nearly no weight, which some of the other options that use butyl rubber do, though I don't know if the butyl rubber may work better. I covered as much surface area on the floors as I could to try and get the most out of it.
I got everything needed on Amazon for very low cost as well.
Hi, how is the Bedliner holding up on top of the foam. I love to insulate the floor of my K5 against heat and sound but love the conveniance of Bedliner to clean the cab... your way is maybe the solution to have both.
thanks in advance

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Hi, how is the Bedliner holding up on top of the foam. I love to insulate the floor of my K5 against heat and sound but love the conveniance of Bedliner to clean the cab... your way is maybe the solution to have both.
thanks in advance
Beb liner seems fine although if that is the only thing protecting it then it would mostly likely be shredded. I put the carpet in over top of it. The bed liner was more to seal it from moisture the best I could. I seems like it soaked into the foam a bit and gave it almost a rubber ( very light) coating instead of the extra layer of abrasive protection I had imagined. Overall it works well though.

Reactions: StealthRoamer

Rolando

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

That looks good. I am also thinking of doing this to my Gladiator.

I took out the rear bench (to add a platform), and the noise level went up - no surprise here. There is a lot of hollow space there and in the bed that reinforces the tire sound from my MTs ... We just came back from a CO trip and after three days of listening to it on our way back to VA I am ready to do something.

Reactions: Red_Leaf_Overland