Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

That one song or play list that makes you wanna grab some gears or shift it down into the big D?

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
RHCP „Road Trippin“. The title says it all.

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

I've found the best way to just eat up the miles is audio books you kinda zone out a bit and just enjoy the day keep pushing a couple more miles to get to the end of the next chapter
+1 for that. Audio books just EAT the miles. Or, for us in the PNW, my kids bring along recordings of the radio show "Second date update" Those can be hilarious!

As for music? Only when driving alone, for some reason.

-jim lee

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

It sounds a little weird but the Harry Potter books are probably the best audio books I have ever heard . Jim dale is probably the best book reader I have ever heard , it is simply incredible the range and depth he puts into characters , and the books have such a deeper story then the movies do . Check it out you won’t be disappointed

Reactions: Fozzyschu

bawesomfels

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Ockenfels
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Dragula -Rob Zombie; I always get the urge

Freebird too. I've noticed I subconsciously accelerate when the song speeds up.

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

My kids have been telling me the same thing about the Harry Potter books. He must be doing a great job if I'm hearing it from random sources.

-jim lee

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

My kids have been telling me the same thing about the Harry Potter books. He must be doing a great job if I'm hearing it from random sources.

-jim lee

I will admit at first I thought the Harry Potter books would be horrible but I was wrong , way wrong I have actually sat in the driveway for a good 20 minutes waiting for a chapter to end

Reactions: bawesomfels

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

A couple days ago, pulling body panels off my Carryall, I found a couple books inside/between the body panels. Well when I say books I found two book bindings, about two inches of pages and the rest was chewed into rats' nests.

Here's one..

First line I saw. Perry Mason. I figured out the book was "The case of the sulky girl" written in 1933. Found it on Amazon, bought it for my kindle and now I know why his books were so popular. I really enjoyed it! Those books made him the most popular author of his time. Had no idea.

-jim lee

Reactions: Fozzyschu

FishFam_logs

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Fisher
One song I love cruising to? California Love.

But when road tripping it’s a complete 180. We cruise to the 40’s channel on SirusXM. Not joking, perfect cruise music and keeps the rage monster away. Also keeps my adrenaline down so I can remember I’m in a tank not a Corvette.

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

Each year, I usually have one album that defines my state of mind for that point in time, which I play on an endless loop. This usually drives any travel companions crazy (or maybe it’s just my off key singing?).
2023 - Caamp “By and By”
2022 - Charles Wesley Godwin “How the Mighty Fall”
2021 - Vincent Neil Emerson “Vincent Neil Emerson”
2020 - Colter Wall “Western Swing and Waltzes and Other Punchy Songs”
2019 - The White Buffalo “Shadows, Greys & Evil Ways”

RDevita

Rank VI
Launch Member

Protector II

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
DeVita
Member #

Chris Stapleton: Album, Traveler

Motorhead: Album, Ace of Spades

Marshal Tucker Band: Album, Searchin’ for a Rainbow

Nathaniel Rateliff &The Nightsweats: self titled album

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Interesting, in spite of being the two music fans that we are and a really good system in the cruiser, my wife and I rarely listen to music or anything else while driving. We talk, we laugh, we remark on the sights, we take all of it in. We even make up new fart jokes. We’ll go an entire trip of 4-6-9 weeks and not listen to a single tune. At home? Music piped throughout the house and carriage house & lots of live music throughout the year.