Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Free bump for ya! I have one of these in my rig, and it's an awesome radio. For anyone who's interested in gmrs for their vehicle, you can't go wrong with this radio.
Hey thanks,

it is a great radio. And takes little to no room.

Reactions: Desert Runner

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I don’t know, that box looks pretty full.
It’s a lot emptier now... I removed the tuner...redid some of the circuits, added SO-239 pass throughs and waiting on a couple of chassis mount USB ports along with some 2.5mm and 3.5mm audio jacks to make hooking up to my laptop easier. The goal originally was to put both a Yaesu FTM-350 or 400xDR into the box along with a GRMS radio but now not so sure if I’m going to add a 2m/70cm radio since wife wants me to put my Galaxy DX-959 CB into the box...

but seriously Mike, I’m thinking about making the drive down to ya for the radio. Just need to talk to the wife first.

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

coastiehawk

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Coos Bay, OR, USA
First Name
Nathanael
Last Name
Hawkins
Member #

Service Branch
USCG
Well, I didn't get any updates on this post for some reason and just saw this. Unfortunately, I just discovered a bad LBJ on my truck and need to fix that pronto so I have to back out.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Well, I didn't get any updates on this post for some reason and just saw this. Unfortunately, I just discovered a bad LBJ on my truck and need to fix that pronto so I have to back out.
Hey no worries. Hope the truck fix dosnt set you back too much.

LostInThought

Rank VI

Influencer I

Dripping Springs, Texas, United States
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Kprotected
Member #

Hey guys and gals,

I have had this in my Ram for about a year.
It's in perfect condition.
Gunna post it here first. Asking $125 or will trade for ........?
View attachment 161207

I have one of these and love it. It installed slick and easy into the console storage of my 4runner. It's able to use the repeaters 45 miles away on Sandia Crest above Albuquerque. These are good little radios.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I'm thinking about getting one. Will it interfere with a CB if I ran them both at the same time?
Absolutely. You can’t use more than one radio service at a time. That’s why no-one has more than one radio in their rig... and uninstalls the factory radio when they install a CB.

I’m joking... CB is a long way from GMRS frequencies... CB transmits around 26MHz and GMRS is in 450 MHz. You will be fine running it with the CB... you might also look into getting your ham license so you can have all three.